Light-O-Rama Forums

Problem with LOR 1.6.3 on Vista...Help!

Animal223

I'm having a problem and trying to figure out if anyone else has seen this. In the sequency editor, I have a series of events added through the tapper wizard. Then I look at the waveform and tweak them to match the beats exactly. However, half the time when I adjust an event, instead of moving the event I grab, the one previous (to the left) jumps over from where it was. Nedless to say this is annoying, because that event was already positioned correctly. Sometimes when it occurs, I get a pop-up error saying I'm attempting to move an event prior to the previous one... but I'm not! I'm only trying to move one a little bit, and other ones jump around instead.

For what it's worth, here's my hardware: 2.18 GHz Core2 Duo, Vista Ultimate, ATI Radeon X1650 Pro, 1920x1440 resolution.

All the other features (except playback speed, which I see others have a problem with too) work fine, and the software plays the sequence and controls lights. Mut the mystery jumping events are driving me nuts.

Thanks for any help you can give!

This is a known bug. Currently the only workaround for it that I know is to zoom in on the time to make bigger boxes so that the sequencer gets less confused. It is kind of a pain sometimes. I'm hoping in LORII that there will be an option to lock timing lines so that you can't accidently drag them when trying to click on boxes. I do that at least a couple times in each sequencing session.

"Edit -> Lock Event Times" will prevent you from accidentally dragging an event to a different place.

As mentioned this is a known issue... It has been fixed in LOR II.

A related point.... This is a matter of taste but I do not like to use the tapper wizard this way. I am a firm believer in having a fixed grid and filling in it in... I use the tapper wizard to place brief on event into a dummy track to show my position.

There are a number of reasons to go with a fixed grid but the most compelling is that copy/paste is much friendlier in a fixed grid.

As I said, it is a matter of taste.

LightORamaDan wrote:

A related point.... This is a matter of taste but I do not like to use the tapper wizard this way. I am a firm believer in having a fixed grid and filling in it in... I use the tapper wizard to place brief on event into a dummy track to show my position.

There are a number of reasons to go with a fixed grid but the most compelling is that copy/paste is much friendlier in a fixed grid.

As I said, it is a matter of taste.

Dan

I agree 100%, it does make life so much easier