Light-O-Rama Forums

pluging in extension cord

Jeff 1S.A.H.D.

youll problably blow a fuse doing it like that

i wouldnt suggest it id plug in the lights them power up the boxes

Out of curiosity, why do you think that?? I see no difference in power on power off before plugging lights in.

I was thinking of turning the boxes on under LOR hardware.

So i know which color that was there.

We have red, green, and white lights on the house every 6" and was trying to make it easy on my self

Just wanted to make sure the surge of power won't mess the boxes.

ty

Jeff

ok then blow a fuse why i stated that is because when i did it that way guess what it blew a fuse

I guess you are right--if you plug 20A into the channel it will probably blow the fuse.

I was thinking of turning the boxes on under LOR hardware.

So i know which color that was there.

We have red, green, and white lights on the house every 6" and was trying to make it easy on my self

Just wanted to make sure the surge of power won't mess the boxes.

ty

Jeff

I must be missing something... Seems to me that if you can't tell the color of the lights just by looking at them, that it would be far quicker and easier to simply mark the plug for each strand of lights with a letter denoting the color of the lights. It takes about five seconds to do and would save you an incredible amount of time versus what you're trying to do. Just Saying...

• Like 1

If the controllers are plugged in but not running the sequences than the cords out the bottom aren't powered anyways so you shouldn't blow a fuse.

To figure out which cord is which, as I have 2 colors going to every prop .. I just have an extension cord beside me .. confirm which is which and plug them

into the controller.

Dave

well all I got it all up and running. Just got a extra cord and tested / color each one then plug it in. My help was great, but still miss some light sets that were out LOL that i had to take down and replace. Again the reason for the check

Just wanted to know if the boxes will get damage if the power is on and you plug the lights in, no need to get hostile Max

Ty again

Jeff

www.koldechristmas.com

Edited by Jeff 1S.A.H.D.