Light-O-Rama Forums

Problem with 2nd Controller

indi

I just bought the Christmas package with one controller and 5 sequences. Everything worked fine. I got another contoller and upgraded my sequences to 32 channels. I put my props up and ran a test. Everything seemed to work fine, until I noticed the following. Controller 1 I have assigned chanels 4 &6 to my house gutter lights, Controller 2 I have assigned it to a mega tree. Everything is working, but channels 4 &5 on the mega tree is doing the samething as chanels 4 & 5 from contoller 1. Almost as if they where hooked together. Everything els works fine. I am wondering if I need to reconfigure controller 2. Anyone heard of this happening to anyone else?

I looked at the hardware utility program, and it said I have a problem with comm 8. I checked my computer and all I see is comm 4,5,6. I do have a Blutooth dongle in one comm port. If I remove the dongle, the comm ports don't show up in the tree. I assume I need to reprogram the controllers to one of the comm ports shown in my devise manager, which would mean comm port 4,5 or 6. Any answers before I try this?

You should be all on the same network. PC (com x) -- LOR Dongle-- CTRL1 -- CTRL2. Unless you specifically wanted to 2 networks on 2 dongles.

Use the hardware Util and do a search. You should find both of your controllers.

You can also re-init your com port from the HWU

Finally, validate your sequences and make sure of the LOR device # and channel # on each of your 32 channels in your seq.

This should get you going ..

Bob

PS. I have see my PC's want to reinstall the USB com port everytime I plug/unplug it .. Let the HWU find the dongle and run from there

Edited by bob_moody

Thanks Mr. Moody. I am very new at this. But, I did check the sequencing channels on each sequence and they are O.K. Controller #1 is 1-16, and controller 2 is 1-16. I assume that these are right, or do I need to change controller #2 to 17-32 and sequences to match that?

When I get home, I will plug everything in and then go to my devise manager to make sure that the computer sees the LOR. I will recheck the HWU to see if it does see both controllers.

Many thanks.

My pleasure... You should see 1 thru 16 on controller 1 and 1 thru 16 on controller 2 ..

Reinit the COM port in ther HWU .. see if that fixes you up...\

Bob .. (Mr. Moody is my dad :D )

Thank you Mr. Bob. I think I have fixed my problem. I refreshed HWU for both controllers and basically started from over from the beginning and worked. Tested a few sequences and it worked like it was supposed too. I hope went I start my show after Thanksgiving it works as well.

Again many thanks for the help.