Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Software Problem

Guest guest

Hi Guys,

I ran into a problem with importing channel configuration into LOR v1.6.1, that maybe you smarter than me guys can figure out. I made a new configuration on my laptop. I copied the .lcc, .lms, and Bak files onto a thumb drive. Went to the sequence folder of my desktop computer and copied the files over from the thumb drive. Everything worked fine. But then I went back to the laptop and added some leaping lights to the configuration. Then saved updated files to thumb drive again, transferred the updated files to desktop computer after deleting old files first. Now when I choose a song, and import the .lcc file an error comes up (Error importing configuration). I deleted the files and reinstalled them again, but same error comes up. Everything seem to work ok, but I would prefer not to have any surprises at Christmas time crunch. Also what is a Bak file good for?

Thanks Michael

Mike,

Go back to the laptop and export the channel config again. Then copy the LCC file back to the desktop and reimport it.

Let us know if that doesn't work.

Ignore the "bak" files. They are created automatically as backups of your sequences.

Hi Chuck,

Your the man, that fixed the problem. Did you say that I could just delete all the Bak files without any problems arising? They sure clutter up a computer. I just tried your LOR Channel utility, and it's great, thanks for it also, it's a great help at setup time.

Michael