Light-O-Rama Forums

2nd controller problem Need help ASAP

Brett H.

I got a new control box and went through and programmed it to unit 2. The problem is it is recognizing the sequence for both unit 1 and unit 2. So my spiral tree is going nuts. Anyone else encounter this problem? If so what do i need to correct? Am i going to have to unhook everything and reprogram it? Please need help ASAP. 2 weeks away from show starting and have lots of programming to do for the spiral tree.

I got a new control box and went through and programmed it to unit 2. The problem is it is recognizing the sequence for both unit 1 and unit 2. So my spiral tree is going nuts. Anyone else encounter this problem? If so what do i need to correct? Am i going to have to unhook everything and reprogram it? Please need help ASAP. 2 weeks away from show starting and have lots of programming to do for the spiral tree.

Don't Panic! First be sure you have the two controllers as 1 and 2. Using the hardware utility refresh and see. Then select each one and cycle through the channels to verify you have plugged the strings in correctly.

If that all works then you have a mistake in the sequence channel assignments. Go to tools / Channel configuration to look at the channels you have defined. You may have added a second controller as unit 1. Change the channels is you need to and then export your config to be used in other sequences. If you are not sure what to do you can post your sequence here for others to look at it for you.

Thanks Bob. I unplugged the cords( labeling each cord by number) and am resetting the control box. So hopefully this will solve problem. I will look at channel configuration as well. Thanks for the advice.