CCR power/data cable question

Mr Dave

I would like to extend the white power/data cord. The white one (4 wires) that goes from the ribbon to the controller. I think its about 6ft. Would like extend it to @ 25ft. My question is, would there be any problems doing that if I keep the same gauge wire?

Thanks,

Dave

A quick follow up. I went ahead a cut a 22ft piece of 4 conductor shielded security cable (22 AWG) and hooked it up. I's been running flawlessly for the past 30 minutes.I'm throwing everything I can at it, to try and make it screw up. So far, not one pixel out of place.

Dave

I cut one of my CCR's into 24 pieces and mounted them to a star/snowflake. It's one of the star/snowflakes I use in my show. They are suspended around 10 to 12 feet above the ground. I didn't want to have the control box and the AC adapter hanging up in the air and trying to waterproof them from that position would have been a bitch. That's why I wanted to extend the white 4 conductor wire. So much easier to do that than the above. It will be easy to put the controllers and the AC adapter in a small box on the ground and waterproof them from there.

Dave

I cut one of my CCR's into 24 pieces and mounted them to a star/snowflake. It's one of the star/snowflakes I use in my show. They are suspended around 10 to 12 feet above the ground. I didn't want to have the control box and the AC adapter hanging up in the air and trying to waterproof them from that position would have been a bitch. That's why I wanted to extend the white 4 conductor wire. So much easier to do that than the above. It will be easy to put the controllers and the AC adapter in a small box on the ground and waterproof them from there.

That makes sense. I was just giving you a hard time ;)