Light-O-Rama Forums

CCP matrix help

stachows

I am intersted in using a single CCP strand to make a simple matrix for my sign and other misc stuff. This would be 5 rows of pixels, 20 across.

Is there a tool that makes this easy? I looked at Superstar, but could not figure out how to configure it to this specific config.

I know how to program the CCR's (used them for years). and can do it manually if necessary, but prefrer not to if I can find a way to do it faster (better).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

I made a 12 row 25 column matrix out of CCPs. I don't know of a tool. What I did for text was to build an animation file with all of the letters scrolling left to right. Then to build a word or a phrase I copied from the animation file to the sequence. It took 2 or 3 hours to build the animation file, but saved many more than that sequencing. I used this as a pattern and adjust pixel height to what I wanted http://www.dreamstime.com/stock-photography-dot-matrix-alphabet-image11968772

This is an unusual arrangement. 10 fold 10 fold 5 controller 5 fold 10 fold 10. I am not aware that any of the matrix tools allow that. Nutcracker most likely.

However... you might have success by faking them out. Say your strings are 100 long instead of 2 at 50 long. Then when you add the CCP to you sequence add it with the first string flipped option.

The result will be 50..1 controller 1..50 in SE, but Matrix tool wont know that.

I believe my tool, Marquee will do this. But I wont be able to test it until the pm.

The other problem as ainsworth points out, is that there are very few fonts which are 5 pixels high. If you find one or make one that high it would be a service to all if you posted it.

FIrst off, Thank you both for responding.

After MUCH research last night and today.... I have learned ALOT about the CC devices and Matrixes. I have a much better understanding now. I now realize that I really need at least (2) of the CCP's with 100 bulbs each to make even a basic matrix that will allow me to do simple scrolling text, and very basic images.

My matrix will be 25 columns wide by 8 Rows. This is supported natively by your tools Bob, and by Superstar.

Bob, I do have one question, I have my matrix setup in the Marquee builder, but when I try to add a frame as a background for under a mask it comes up with a blank window with a title of "Frames Containing 25x8" I am assuming this is because my matrix is so small that there are no premade frames for that size???

Can I make one myself and add it? Just curious as I would really like to use this feature even though my matrix is not very large, it would still be a cool effect?

Lastly, now I need to figure out the best way to create an Animation diagram in LOR Sequencer, and/or the Visualizer for testing. Off to do more reading!!!

As Always, Thank you in advance for any and all assistance...

Scott

SNIP..

Lastly, now I need to figure out the best way to create an Animation diagram in LOR Sequencer, and/or the Visualizer for testing. Off to do more reading!!!

Vegomatic will create both an old animation for you and a new visualizer prop for you. Just click those buttons. Prop will be pre-wired for you if you enter your network and controller first.

Glad you decided to add another set. The patterns you can create went up a lot doing that. Dont forget to use the flow option (as opposed to wrap) for board mounted matrix. Wrap is for 3D tree to meet on the other side of the tree.

• The topic was locked