Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB16PC and mounting

Guest guest

My dad and I put together my 2 boxes that I received, he did 1 and I did one at the same time, on fathers day and when we got done with them he asked "how do you mount these?" I went uhhhhhhhh *scratch scratch scratch* I don't know.

So to ask all those out there who bought the kits, how are you going to mount them?

Rob

If you bought the kit with the enclosure here are the instruction http://www.lightorama.com/Documents/CTB16PC_Man_Web.pdf Page 8 is where it talks about mounting the board to the box. Or are you talking about how to mount the enclosure to a surface? This is where you may get creative, I have the Showtime units which have a metal mounting strip bolted to the box. Which I bolted to board’s that I call my sleigh.

Yes, I'm talking about mounting the enclosure to.... something. There isn't any metal clips like on the showtime box that I own. that is why I was asking. If people buy something to put on the box to mount it or how they are doing it.

Rob

There are a bunch of places on the back of the box where you can drill mounting holes (see picture below.) Just drill a few out and use screws or bolts to put it on the side of the house, the garage wall, a post, etc.

Attached files 137324=8130-Box.jpg

ChuckHutchings wrote:

There are a bunch of places on the back of the box where you can drill mounting holes (see picture below.) Just drill a few out and use screws or bolts to put it on the side of the house, the garage wall, a post, etc.

I will be using this method but mounted to ground stakes so they can go anywhere in the yard. (They will also be chained so they don't disappear...)

I have been using deck piers to mount my controllers. This allows me to easily move the controllers around the yard as need but they are still heavy to help prevent tampering. Check out some of my photos from last year.