Light-O-Rama Forums

I'm Back. What Did I Miss?!

Push Eject

Hi guys,

I haven't been around since the 2008 season so I'm not sure how many of that old crowd still hang out here, but as of this season I'm back! Hi, all!

We have a 64 channel set up and started in 2006 with the first version of software. I'm the dude who originated the spacebar-to-play concept in this video:

Anyway, after three seasons off to get some personal (not bad, good actually) things in order we're back!

I have the S2 software which came out our last year, but have barely touched it. So catch me up; what's new everybody?!

Cheers!

pe

New forum and S3 version 3.8. Cracker's video went viral last year which created a mess with the old forum. Auto Sequencing!

George has been thwacking his strobes! :P

Edited by scubado

I'm still here. I apologize for the inconvenience.

I was going to "like" your posts about returning to the hobby, but the system tells me I've given out too many 'likes' in the past 24 hours. I'll try not to be so positive in the future ;)

Welcome back

While you were out

E1.31 (dmx over ethernet) support

Cosmic Color ribbons bulbs and pixels and floods

as the others said we are now at S3

the light controllers are gen 3 they have a new feature that allows you to set certain channels to dim a diffrent way (good for leds) or ON and off only great for strobes or other things that could get damaged by accidental fading

Hey PE I see your in Lancaster. I'm in Quartz Hill and this will be my first year with LOR did a Halloween Show and it was a sucess, now it's on to Christmas! Look forward to seeing your show up and running

You also missed a few more waves of viral videos bringing the masses here, with folks who had never even heard of LOR before expecting to replicate the viral display in 2 weeks or less :)

Umm, Kev... yer ah, repeating yourself...

Ummm....the blame was a joke...the old forum was a mess...and he asked for the video. So instead of posting it, I told him how to find. Where is the repeat?

The following is a quote of your original post. Please note that the body of the post has two distinct copies... as in, repeated.

Awww....my apologies. I see that. I thought you were stating I'm repeating myself and in stating the same facts over and over. Well, technically I did. It's this damn Tapatalk. It sometimes repeat my post. Guess it's time to stop posting from the app. It's a shame cuz I liked that it shows all the latest post so I didn't have to look in every category.

Thanks, everybody! You guys are just like I remembered. ;)

Hey PE I see your in Lancaster. I'm in Quartz Hill and this will be my first year with LOR did a Halloween Show and it was a sucess, now it's on to Christmas! Look forward to seeing your show up and running

Dan, here's a link to our display in the past:

And our intro:

If you're in Quartz Hill I assume you've found Rick Williams of Quartz Hill Christmas. He got me started all those years ago. He's on Manzanita Drive. We're on 37th West.

Cheers!

p.s. You're all a bunch of drunken, moronic, bullying, idiots... but I wouldn't go as far as to say pole-tested a-holes! :P

Thanks, everybody! You guys are just like I remembered. ;)

Dan, here's a link to our display in the past:

And our intro:

If you're in Quartz Hill I assume you've found Rick Williams of Quartz Hill Christmas. He got me started all those years ago. He's on Manzanita Drive. We're on 37th West.

Cheers!

p.s. You're all a bunch of drunken, moronic, bullying, idiots... but I wouldn't go as far as to say pole-tested a-holes! :P

Yup I met Rick last year awesome guy, he showed me around his display and gave me some good ideas. I was static last Christmas and this year 64 channels and probably close to 14,000 lights. Were starting setting up this weekend (hopefully the wife lets me) for a lights on at Thanksgiving.

Hi guys,

I haven't been around since the 2008 season so I'm not sure how many of that old crowd still hang out here, but as of this season I'm back! Hi, all!

We have a 64 channel set up and started in 2006 with the first version of software. I'm the dude who originated the spacebar-to-play concept in this video:

Anyway, after three seasons off to get some personal (not bad, good actually) things in order we're back!

I have the S2 software which came out our last year, but have barely touched it. So catch me up; what's new everybody?!

Cheers!

pe

I'm glad to see you back! I'm still not going to say anything to you cause I just leark.....

:)

A Ramsey follower is always welcome! Wait I haven't been here long enough... Better resume lurking while I still can.