Light-O-Rama Forums

bad time of year for a chan to stay on

audirick75

so chan 8 is staying on on my most reacent buy contacted lor thaught triack so sent out new part . so had it put in and found not fixed still on 100% . what to do installer thinks burn spot on board has a dead short across the legs in the board. new board or what guys????had to run h ween on 15 chans now that it is over did the fix and no luck .hurts x mas for me this year .....booo

Yes please post a picture of the burn spot. Also who is the "installer" - and how versed are they on LOR products?

the burn spot is between 2 of the legs on the board under the triack where it goes into the board if you look at the board frome side angle across the board the burn spot looks to go all the way threw .installer wise it is a local electronics repaire shop and parts allied electronics.

I would expect an electronics repair firm to be able to fix that, if it's as minor as you suggest (perhaps using jumper wires or some such)

Based on audirick75’s comment, I’m guessing the board was replaced. From previous experience, I know LOR is not thrilled about repairing burnt PC boards. There are concerns that the damage could possibly cause a failure in the future.

Overload (drawing too much current from one channel) would probably just take out the TRIAC. A burned spot on the board seems to be common with bugs getting places they shouldn’t. The repair shop mentioned a short on the board. If that was there from new, it could have caused it.

i am gona say bug also as the show ran fine and went into standby for next day. i just woke up to the one chan staying on. so happened durring night after last show ended. yeah they replaced it also had no idea till i got e mail and tracking... again thanks guys...

• Like 1