Light-O-Rama Forums

test run-hee hee

paralegalnc

I label the front of the cases with the prop name (Mega1Red, Mega3Blue, Arch 3 & 4, Mini GRN, etc) on duct tape/magic marker, so I know to place the proper units in their correct locations.

I label the front of the cases with the prop name (Mega1Red, Mega3Blue, Arch 3 & 4, Mini GRN, etc) on duct tape/magic marker, so I know to place the proper units in their correct locations.

Yeah, I have controller number labels on mine but didn't stop me from messing up. Someone like me, with my background, should have known better too but I'm only human. The first project to get up was the megatree and that's where the error started. Looks good now as of last night's test.

Got the roof done last week, (Only two channels) Did the Gutters, windows, Headges yesterday and ran a test on those channels and they worked great. Can't wait to get the rest of the show up and test the whole thing.

I'm down to three wire frame props that I'm waiting for led floods to arrive for otherwise I'm ready to run. Took me a week to put it all up with no help. Next task is to video the display running and somehow post it.

Another days worth of work. Only thing left is a basic Christmas tree. Will do a test tun tonight and see if everything looks good. Next day off will tackle the tree.

I have mine labeled, as far as the channels, then I have a list, and a back up list, and then the channel configurations, then a drawing, and then of course I've worked in it so much I have it memorized. only 48 channels. not too hard.. now next year may be harder... I know my show.. I know what is supposed to be on when, where it goes, how long it stays on... OCD? absolutely! :)

I have mine labeled, as far as the channels, then I have a list, and a back up list, and then the channel configurations, then a drawing, and then of course I've worked in it so much I have it memorized. only 48 channels. not too hard.. now next year may be harder... I know my show.. I know what is supposed to be on when, where it goes, how long it stays on... OCD? absolutely! :)

Yeah, that's how I knew something was wrong with mine...I know my show too! I'm doing 96 channels this year and do have another controller but for this year, its a spare only. During the couple of evenings of tests, lots of cars were slowing down to check it out. One family stopped, so I lit it up for them and their kids were loving it. Made me feel good. Today I put out a simple sign stating 11/23. 6Pm, first light up and all are welcome.

Edited by dgrant