Light-O-Rama Forums

Windows Error in Sequence Editor

jim6918

I haven't been in the Sequence Editor for at least a month or so having finished up sequencing in September. This morning I copied all of my sequences and associated files and audio from the My Documents folder on my work PC to an identically named folder on a flash drive. Eventually I will copy the same folder over to the show laptop. I tested a couple of the sequences on the flash drive, using the work PC and they played just fine.

However, when I "X" out of the Sequence Editor I get a Windows error, "The Light-O-Rame Sequence Editor has encountered a problem and needs to close, blah, blah, blah." Thank God, this is not followed by a BSOD.

I encounter this error everytime I close out the Sequence Editor. It does not prevent me from opening and playing another sequence, but get the same error when closing. I then tried a couple of sequences from the My Documents folder and now get the same error.

I haven't been on the forum very seriously for a couple of months, did I miss something? I searched some but didn't find any issues reported. I was using ver. 3.7 and notice that there is now ver. 3.8 out.

I feel kind of stupid posting the only reply to my post so far, but I just noticed that I get this Windows error only when closing out a Musical Sequence. All of the Animation Sequences I have open and close without the error. This is pretty annoying, It doesn't seem to effect the sequnce itself, but still... Hoping that somebody from the tech side of LOR jumps in here soon.

Jim,

Just a couple of thoughts.

1. Are you pulling the flashdrive out before you close the sequence?

2. Also did you copy the music as well as the sequences? I'm assuming (and you know where that leads...) that you are running the sequences from the flash drive, pulling them up in the SE, and when you close you get the error? I not fully understand the sequence of events (no pun intended) and that LOR knows this path?

Bob

The error has moved beyond the flash drive stage; see paragraph 3 of my original post. I am getting the same error with musical sequences directly from my original My Documents LOR folder. I upgraded to ver. 3.8 with no improvement.

From what you are describing, you have a Windows Media Player issue. Since it was working and now is not, I would suspect a bad CODEC was installed into WMP. You may not have even noticed it being installed since WMP will do it auto-magically when you try to play any media.

You'll need to find the bad Codec and remove it.