Light-O-Rama Forums

Time to step my game up - Questions to get started

keith5885

Ok so part of the song it is loud but there is a soft ding that doesn't show up in the wave form on the top and I am trying to pick out where the DINGs are... is there any way to mark it as it plays 1/4 of the speed? or just keep listening and trying to mark them one by one?

Ideal it would play and I'd hit a button each time I hear one and it would make the mark? I guess there are wizards for that... but any other way?

Ok nevermind I got it down. Play it at 1/4th speed and use the space bar trick and get them one at a time works pretty well. Thanks

Here's what I was thinking. Not sure if it will work for you or not...

http://www.holidayco...product-p/7.htm

As for the singing trees, some folks here have used them and they're very cool. Sequencing singing elements takes a lot of time. I haven't tried it myself, but I understand that it's very tedious. Probably not something to tackle at this point unless someone gives you the sequences for the singing characters.

How about 15 sequences just for those Singing Christmas Trees:

http://www.holidaycoro.com/By-Season-Christmas-Sequences-Singing-Christmas-Tree-s/1901.htm

Finally finished my first non-talking song. Started on my second talking song last night.

I keep finding more things to build but no more channels... I was thinking about making Mini Trees of about 400 lights and making for red ones to sit on the lawn in front to replace the half red columns above. Instead make all the columns all green and use the 4 red columns on trees spaced out the same length but on the yard. That way I don't have to redo my song and it looks like I have more lights and mini trees are cool.

What about mini trees with rope light like this:

Thoughts?

I'll post my videos soon and share my sequences for future newbies too later.

----

Also now thinking about radio that plugs into a flood light and see when people are walking by. But I don't want it to go off whenever someone drives by... so not sure exactly what to do about that yet.

I got my controllers!!! And tested it all out and even put some strands (24) to test out my first completed song! I can't wait!

Got to do more songs... but its so fun to watch the lights!

you watched it until your wife said "honey...really, how many times you going to watch it" didn't you.? heee heee I know I watched mine just like that until my husband made me stop....

Hey so this is what I got for light counts and AMP estimates. Unfortunatly I am not LED yet... maybe if I find a ton of sales at the end of the year.

Power questions - Noob in this area too. Got a few hints from others but wan't your experience advice. Thanks!

1. Should I balance my Controllers with more even amps?

2. So I have one outlet that is GFI on the balcony that is probably 15 or 20 amp circuit (will check)

3. If it is 20 Amp do I need to find a second outlet that is on a different circuit to plug into somewhere in the house?

Estimates of Amps are based on most of my lights are 100 count strands that say on the box .16 amps so I used that equation. For Floods they are 100 watt bulbs and 2 on each channel. .83 amps per bulb. I think that's right.

2012-11-13_1202.png

• 2 weeks later...

Ok here is what looks to be my final design. I will see how it really turns out!

Middle sign will read Del Sur Lights

FinalDesign.jpg

Keith looks great man. Can't wait to see the video. I am about finished over here. my displays that I have loved over the yearsvare driving me nuts now...the light from them distracts from the show...I need 2 more controllers to just run those.

Thanks for the assist last night. Completed my first song that didn't look A.D.D. Fun watching it...