Light-O-Rama Forums

Firmware updates

Ruby60

Hi all. Longtime lurker...first time post.

I'm currently running LOR 3.5 on a LOR 1602 and using a DC-mp3 to run the shows.

I see that the current software available to me is version 3.8 for the LOR and it looks like version 4.x for the DC-mp3. So I'll probably update my equipment.

I'm wondering what the DC-mp3 firmware updates accomplish? Or where can I find this info on the web site?

Thanks, David

Well, I asked this same question to the LOR support Help Desk and this is their reply: " Firmware update specifics aren't available. A good rule of thumb is if everything is working OK now... then don't worry about upgrading the firmware."

Thought others might like to know.

David

IMHO as a general rule of thumb if it wasn't broken they wouldn't have gone through the effort to push a fix for it. I always do updates on anything as soon as they come out.

• 4 weeks later...

Somewhere (can't find it again??) I came accross information describing the improvements included in the firmware update for the DC-Mp3, and thought I've got to do this. As I recall, one of the best things was allowing the use of SD cards larger than 2mb. I've had trouble finding these "small" capacity cards, so this is a good reason to update.

I did the update and it appears to have been successful... not really sure yet as I haven't run a show from the DC-Mp3 unit yet.

Next was that I had just completed my CTB16Kpcv1 kit, and since I needed to connect it to the HU to set the unit ID and for testing, I installed the latest firmware for it as well.. now running 4.32.

And, since everything else had been updated, I figured I better check my 1602W unit...wow, it was at 4.01! So I did a firmware update to that unit as well. It's also at 4.32.

So, I think I'm now in sync with the two controllers and the DC-Mp3.

Tomorrow I plan on setting up the system and adding some lights and testing the entire system all together for the first time...... hope it all works.

Oh yeah...also updated my software to 3.8...

David