Light-O-Rama Forums

comm 24 not working

craigecooper

followed all the instructions ... usb serial port on XP - 32 shows up as comm 24 no matter which USB port the 485B is plugged in to. Hardware Utility refuses to find it. Controller LED is blinking, waiting for a connection. No clue what to try next. Auto Configure is running now but slows to a crawl after hitting comm 13.

Do you have that many? You can go to ADVANCED button and reassign it to a lower number. I have not had success with numbers above 14. This year I have 7 networks and had to change the comm # on two of them to get them to work.

I just recently ran into this problem. For some reason my laptop reinstalled the 4 network adapter to com ports 21, 22, 23 and 24. Last year they were on 3 thru 5 (only had 3 last year). I google how to remove com ports. Pretty easy instructions and deleted a bunch of them that we're not being used. Now I'm back to com ports 3, 4, 5 and 10. 7 thru 9 are being used.

I believe every time you connect a USB device, even if its a one time use...like flash drive, a port is assigned. I had a bunch of those.

thank you thank you thank you ... deleting the ports got me back to comm 1 on LOR and all is well .. had me a little worried about my first DIY soldering project

• 2 weeks later...

Network configuration, sequence editor, and show player are all ok with com ports over 16. Just hardware utility being a bit behind.