Light-O-Rama Forums

How do I move channels?

Guy Dreger

My display grew and over the time I have added channels. The .lcc file has four groups of 16 (The controllers) and all my songs use the same .lcc file.

Now that I have some experience with this I understand that it`s not best to group things by Channels and type of display but rather the location of the item in the yard and the location of the controllers. I.e. To save a whole wack of extension cords running all over the place and making my yard look like and over grown plate of colourful spaghetti.

So, before I go and try and move all these channels to a better setup. One by one in each and every song and then try the fix up the Visualizer. I thought I would ask out there if there is a better way?

A better way to Move the channels i.e Move the square from controller 1 ids 1-4 to controller 2 ids 12-15 and such.

Also, is there simply a better way to organize the songs then by controller? I would make scene to me to organize things by Prop (Visualizer term).

I'm using Lor V3.7.0

also, if it matters I'll upload my .lcc file for reference.

Halloween.2012.lcc

I just did the same this year. I did move them one by one but for a single song. Then you can save that configuration and import it into your other songs. You shouldn't have to move each individual channel for each individual song.

Well, that's good to hear. But how does it know where it got moved to and how does it move all the timmings (on/off/fade/twinkle and such)