Light-O-Rama Forums

SERVODOG config

grandad

Hi,

Just received my SD (thanks guys & gals!) but cannot figure out why, when I connect a servo to it the servo (any servo) winds fully clockwise and won't budge, no matter what values I set in the parameters of the SD.

The SD is talking fine to my PC and power is applied (well that's obvious!) The reset jumper is on.

Servos I have tried are Futuba S3003 and e-sky ESRV0A (this is a miniature servo from a small helicopter) They all work fine when used in an RC setup.

I cannot seem to find any info on the pulse timings needed for these servos.

Can anyone help please? I feel sure it will be something simple that I am overlooking ;o)

Martin

OK, well I have received details from Futuba with regard to the spec of a servo and it falls within the default parameters of the SD as you would expect.

I have reset the SD as per the manual, tried supplying the SD with voltages between 9v and 12v but still cannot get ANY control of the servo!

I can read (get) the config etc. from the SD using the SD utility but nothing I do works - has anyone any idea where I am going wrong, or is the SD a DOA?

Martin

Oh Boy, oh boy, oh boy - do I feel stupid :rolleyes: Looking around the SD board for any dry joints etc (sorry Dan!) the light bulb in my head came on.

I had the servo plugged in THE WRONG WAY AROUND!!

Ahhh well, all working fine now - rush to get my first animated skull finished now, I've had it on the side for a while awaiting the SD

Martin (with much egg on face!)

Damn electronics stuff that only works when plugged in correctly :o

Welcome to the club (not with servos in my case, but with some other stuff)..

Make sure you order the egg for your face in a fashion that you like to eat - makes cleanup easier.

Glad you got it working.

Edited by k6ccc