Light-O-Rama Forums

Channel not turning on

dkoehler42

I've got a LOR Showtime Pro 1602 that isn't turning one channel on. I purchased this box in 2009 and sent it in for tech support the year later. The whole box would lose the signal suddenly. I'm glad I did a Halloween show to catch it, but not really happy that this same box is acting up again. Any ideas?

Just a quick update, I was using 3.7 and have since updated to 3.8. The channel does come up on the Hardware Utility, but not during any sequences/shows. The other thing I noticed is that while I am programming and press play, the lights go on as though a show were running. I had to unplug my Wireless Link Lighters to keep them from going on!

Just a quick update, I was using 3.7 and have since updated to 3.8. The channel does come up on the Hardware Utility, but not during any sequences/shows. The other thing I noticed is that while I am programming and press play, the lights go on as though a show were running. I had to unplug my Wireless Link Lighters to keep them from going on!

Not totally sure about the first part, but the first thing I'd check is that you have your channels defined correctly. Open each one in the sequence editor to make sure you didn't accidentally change the controller number (or something else) on that channel.

As for the second part, there is a selection on the Play menu called "Control Lights". If that item is selected, and you have a controller connected to the PC, as it sounds you did, it will send the commands to the controller that will cause the lights to turn on just as they will in the show. In short... it's supposed to do that. :)

Update, I made a rookie mistake on the channel. The line on the 6 and 9 is getting dirty so I had it on the wrong one. As for the channels going on, I checked and the Control Lights was unchecked. It worked perfectly now, so maybe it had been on, I don't know. Thanks for the help!