Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Strip and LOR Sequence colors not showing correctly

tjc5880

I have a LOR doogle with a LED-CON2. I reverses the wires as needed and hooked it up but when i make a sequence the wrong colors always show, I was going crazy and I read someone was saying they test there channels with Lightx. So I installed and it worked perfectly. Each channel is assigned to the right channel. r=1 g=2 b=3 but I cant figure out why LOR wont play the right squence? Any help?

There are several threads about the channels being one off by one channel. A little searching should find it.

I've personally tried about 7-8 LOR adapters...both the regular and booster that I have received this year and every one work as it should. And NOT one channel off. My older adapters...yes, those are 1 channel off. Not sure what is different between this years and previous years?

Edited by CLD Kevin

• 1 month later...

mmkooiman67,

Can you post a link to the Enttec Open you bought? I too am having problems with my DMX showing the right colors. I have 16 (3 channel) DMX mini trees that I made but the only color that is correct is white. Green is sometimes blue, red or off. Red is sometimes green, etc. I am using the same controllers that HolidayCoro sells. I have tried the +1 fix but that didn't work either. The first tree is 2,3,4. Second is 5,6,7 and so on.

Both the HolidayCoro cable and the LOR usb485 (with crossover cable - pins 4,5 to 1,2) have the same results. When I test in xlights, the trees are the right color but running a sequence in xlights doesn't work either. I added a terminator at the end in hopes that would fix it but no go either. I'm really at a loss.

Craig

Don't forget that RGB doesn't mean the lights are RGB.

They can be GBR,RBG,GRB, BRG. BGR and LMNOP

I have several strings that all have different configuration.

Doesn't have anything to do with the dongle or crossover pins, just the configuration of the lights.

That's why I switched to the Sandevices.

Scott

Don't forget that RGB doesn't mean the lights are RGB.

They can be GBR,RBG,GRB, BRG. BGR and LMNOP

I have several strings that all have different configuration.

Doesn't have anything to do with the dongle or crossover pins, just the configuration of the lights.

That's why I switched to the Sandevices.

Scott

I am thinking of switching to sandevices, how do they fix the problem?

When you are setting up the configuration you have the option to set the RGB.

You program the same as you would, regardless of the colors and then the E682 changes it to match the strings you have.

You can have multiple strings on the same controller with a different layout also.

Side note: The Holiday Coro isnt really intended to be a production dongle. Its real and sole purpose is to program the 3-channel models that David sells. You might find the cable works for one 3-channel controller, but when you add a second, third etc .. the +1 issue pops up..

I can verify this in my display.. have 8 3-channel DMX/RGB North poles. when setting up and testing the 1st one .. all was good. Then I daisy chained in the other 7 and poof .. it was all over the place ...

Changed over to J1Sys D2 bridge .. all is right in my DMX world ..

Bob

The Enttec Pro dongle is the way to go. I did a lot of research before diving into DMX. I am running 4 north pole lights DMX with the 3 channel decoder modules. No issues at all.

mmkooiman67,

I have 16 (3 channel) DMX mini trees that I made but the only color that is correct is white.

Little off topic, but would like to see your 16 dmx mini trees. Thinking about going in that direction next year.

Robert

www.burtonchristmaslights.tk

• The topic was locked