Light-O-Rama Forums

1st yr Weber Tree Help

Bcspy

Will be doing three 10 foot Weber Spiral Tree with 16 Channel. Not sure what color light to use. All Led multi color or clear. What about 8 multi color and 8 clear? I want to make it look nice. Thanks for your advice.

Personal preference really. I have a 12' webber with 15 strands multi and 1 strand strobes on the pole. I would stock with 16 strands because it would look fuller. But if you want color change you can do 8 & 8.....

what is a Weber tree? 1st Timer this year also

A spiral tree. Scott Weber's was the first one (at least the first widely discussed), so it earned his name.

http://weberchristma...com/the-how.htm

This video and discussion started the sensation:

http://forums.planet...eber-mega-tree/

Edited by Surfing4Dough

A spiral tree. Scott Weber's was the first one (at least the first widely discussed), so it earned his name.

http://weberchristma...com/the-how.htm

This video and discussion started the sensation:

http://forums.lighto...y-nice-display/

http://forums.planet...eber-mega-tree/

this is one of my favorite videos. I've watched it and watched it and watched it. One day... one day....I will have a tree like that!

I was testing the weber tree when it got dark. I use multi color, it looks ok but not the wow factor. I think solid color looks best. I was in the zone, hear the warning sirens, and wife and my neighbor called and tell me to stop playing with the lights. I just learn that a Tsunami is on the way with in a hour. Good thing, I'm a Doomsday Prepper also. I don't want to buy more lights. I have about about 50 new boxes of 100 bulbs multi lights and 50 boxes of clear and will be be taking all bulbs out tomorrow. Why so much lights, I have the CLAP and raid Home Depot after Christmas sale.

Edited by Bcspy

I was testing the weber tree when it got dark. I use multi color, it looks ok but not the wow factor. I think solid color looks best. I was in the zone, hear the warning sirens, and wife and my neighbor called and tell me to stop playing with the lights. I just learn that a Tsunami is on the way with in a hour. Good thing, I'm a Doomsday Prepper also. I don't want to buy more lights. I have about about 50 new boxes of 100 bulbs multi lights and 50 boxes of clear and will be be taking all bulbs out tomorrow. Why so much lights, I have the CLAP and raid Home Depot after Christmas sale.

I would agree that I would think solid color lights would look better. One's brain needs to see the solid line distinctly to create the illusion of spiral movement well. Definitely a true sign of an addict. A tsunami is coming and you are still outside testing the lights. :D;)

Stay safe!!

yeah that's a hard core addict! we have some hurricane coming...some bad storm I worry about my lights... THATs what I'm worried about.

I do a 12' and use C6 multi. My visitors love that tree. What I do is double up on the strings. So from the hookhead, I have 2 50ct strings running side by side as one channel. I also use 16 channels. I have strobes and RGB Balls inside the tree hung from the hook head. You can go way overboard with this design, but IMHO keeping it simple is the best approach.

It's your show. Your color you choose should be what you like, not what you think others would. You can never go wrong that way :)

Edited by zman

I do a 12' and use C6 multi. My visitors love that tree. What I do is double up on the strings. So from the hookhead, I have 2 50ct strings running side by side as one channel. I also use 16 channels. I have strobes and RGB Balls inside the tree hung from the hook head. You can go way overboard with this design, but IMHO keeping it simple is the best approach.

It's your show. Your color you choose should be what you like, not what you think others would. You can never go wrong that way :)

Do you wrap 1-16 all the way around or 1,9 ext method? Have 2 up and still trying to decide on the wrap.

Thanks

Do you wrap 1-16 all the way around or 1,9 ext method? Have 2 up and still trying to decide on the wrap.

Thanks

I am not quite sure what you mean 1,9 ext. I go 1-16 top to bottom with about a full wrap and a half on the strings around the frame. If you go to my webpage and look at pics from 2011 and 2010, you can see what I do.

Just finished taking out 2000 led multi bulbs and seperate the colors and place 2000 led back into each string, by myself. My thumbs are sore. What p me off is that only half stings worked. Just ordered the Led Keeper, it better come next week. I will never do this again. 30 hours project.

Just finished taking out 2000 led multi bulbs and seperate the colors and place 2000 led back into each string, by myself. My thumbs are sore. What p me off is that only half stings worked. Just ordered the Led Keeper, it better come next week. I will never do this again. 30 hours project.

At minimum wage hourly rate ($7.25) x 30 hours = $217.50. Could have bought a decent number of LED strings for that amount (minus sore fingers). Say $7 per 60ct string, would have had about 1860 bulbs at that price. :rolleyes:

At minimum wage hourly rate ($7.25) x 30 hours = $217.50. Could have bought a decent number of LED strings for that amount (minus sore fingers). Say $7 per 60ct string, would have had about 1860 bulbs at that price. :rolleyes:

Not to mention that all the lights would be working right now as well...

• Like 1

I agree, but I hoarded/ raided last year 75% after sale. I have 100 led bulbs 10 cases for the three weber tree. I placed on the weber tree and did not look right. So I decided to seperate them. Wrong idea, I figure I can do it but got out of hand. Its not easy as people think. I did most of the job at work, my coworker thinks that I was on crack. Once the LED Keeper comes in, I'll relax a little. My advice, buy the correct lights, and stick with the plan.