Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence on channel in sequence

thecats

Started my Halloween show tonite and had an interesting experience. For a lot of my Halloween songs, I have a channel in the song that is actually running another animated sequence--it has a controls for the FM sign, animated bat, lighted spider web, tombstone lighting, etc. When the show began, the sequence didn't seem to be running--nothing in that animated sequence lit. I go--okay, I'm going to have to copy the sequence into each song---there are a few songs that have all of the channels and do not run the sequence on a channel in the song. About 30-45 minutes late, I came back to check on the display and the sequence was running. I checked several times throughout the rest of the night and the sequence seemed to be running just fine. Has the happened to anyone else? Is there a reason for this possibly happening? I'm going to be very interested in how the 2nd night goes. As an FYI, I do pre-load the songs for each show.

Well, my first thought was you have channels in the sub-sequence configured elsewhere in the regular sequences. In effect, you could have two different objects giving a channel a command at the same time. However you said later in the evening it was working correctly.

The questions I'd have would be:

• When you saw it working the rest of the night, was it the same song each time? Different songs? Did it work correctly later in the evening on the same song you noticed it *not* working the first time?
  • Any chance you have a different show running later in the evening? Might explain it. (Might not.)

Same show, same songs, throughout the night. FYI, I am running version 3.7.0. I even thought it might have been the anti-virus, as during the afternoon, I ran a test of 1 of the songs and the sequence was working then; so, I disabled the real-time scanning of the anti-virus. Also, most of the songs with a sequence are the same song that ran last year.

It almost appeared to be that the pre-load really didn't take--even though I saw each of the song loading in the log. After each song had been played the 1st time, everything was communicating correctly. Could it be possible that the pre-load doesn't have the sequence and needs to wait, but I would have thought that after the sequence was called by the 1st song and other song would see it?

Is it possible that you started an animated sequence then a musical sequence at the same time in the show editor? Animated sequences will run in the background while a musical sequence runs.

No, the only thing that runs are musical sequcences.....it is inside the muscial sequences that have a channel that is running an animated sequence.

• 2 weeks later...

Found the problem. It was the anit-virus software. When I turned off "real-time scanning" everything started to work. I thought I had this same software (ISP (Roadrunner) provided McAfee suite) last year, but maybe I didn't--I know they changed the software not that long ago. Again, thanks for all the help/suggestions.

Sorry to hear that but glad you identified the issue. McAfee is a joke when it comes to AV software in my opinion. I'm the person who gets dead computers, when they are broke, terribly infected and all sorts of issues in between. The worst ones either have McAfee that didn't protect them in the slightest or they had no AV whatsoever.