Light-O-Rama Forums

Dazed and Confused

bob_moody

Okay .. yes I live in Huntsville, TX and yes they did a movie called "Dazed and Confused" here and no, I wasnt in it.. :D

I have been reading and reading and watching videos etc to the point that I "think" I have an idea how this works, BUT what I cant get my hands on (figurativly and literally) is the E1.31 to DMX brdige.

I have seen several mentioned, J1sys, SanDevices, DIYLEDExpress etc etc but the problem is I cant seem to find one to actually buy...

At this point in time I am so far behind the curve its actually still a straight line...

What I want at this point is to simply have an E1.31 to DMX bridge to run DMX devices. I am not to the level yet to add pixel control although I would like to at some point in time. For example, LOR --> E1.31 --> DMX --> (Some DMX device from CheapLights.com)

I would like to add 2 DMX snowflakes from HolidayCoro. I could make it simple in that I have an unused LOR DC board to which I could control 5 RGB elements and bypass DMX altogether..

Bottom line is ..... am I still missing the picture? Is there such a device (E1.31 to DMX) available without adding the complexity of pixels?

I will add that I am currently running LOR 3.60 Advanced and I still have the original LOR dongle from LOR 1. something or another..

I appreciate any stearing in the right direction...

Bob ..

Edited by bob_moody

Well do I feel stupid... I was on the J1sys site and noticed thier shopping page wasnt up and running with a message to check with Ebay. I didnt see the the device on Ebay so I sent them a message. They responded pretty quick and told me that I could order the board directly through them. Soooooooooooooo.. I go back to the J1sys web site and had a RTFWPS ... (like RTFMS... but a web page instead of the manual). I would have seen how to order the board ...

So .. with that said .. I'm assuming the ECG-D4 board would be the perfect fit for where I want to be right now?

Or should I look at something else that would allow pixel control later down the road?

Still confused but not quite as dazed...

Bob

Edited by bob_moody

Bob... at this point in the game, you're pretty much out of time. Getting an RPM bridge is nearly impossible.

It "appears" the J1sys ECG-D4 is in-stock and shipping (?)

Refer to the J1SYS product matrix for your choices and direct links to info pages for E1.31 controllers and bridges available from J1SYS.

To order its as simple as an email with your shipping details and what you want and then you will be given a paypal address to pay.

Also if you are wanting info on E1.31 then this E1.31 presentation may also help you. It needs updating as far as controller choices but besides that the theory is there with drawings and diagrams.

Edited by edvas69

Refer to the J1SYS product matrix for your choices and direct links to info pages for E1.31 controllers and bridges available from J1SYS.

To order its as simple as an email with your shipping details and what you want and then you will be given a paypal address to pay.

Also if you are wanting info on E1.31 then this E1.31 presentation may also help you. It needs updating as far as controller choices but besides that the theory is there with drawings and diagrams.

Hello Eddy,

Thank you for the reply AND the product matrix ...

I did actually join the Auschristmaslighting forum last night so I could download that documentation... Thank you and the rest of the crew down under for hosting that. It is a good read !!! ..

As I mentioned earlier, i did get in contact with J1sys .. now I'm just trying to dermine if I'm makeing the correct purchase for where I am and where I want to be.

Thank you..

Bob

Edited by bob_moody