Light-O-Rama Forums

Grouping S3 across Dmx Universe

Brian Leske

Question.. Can some one point me in the direction of grouping channels across dmx universes? Is it possible? ...Say that I have RGB group that ends at channel 160? and my universe channels end at 170... Then my second universe starts and I would like to add another fifteen channels to my first grouping in the 1st universe. Possible?

If I'm understanding the question correctly, you just want to create a group that spans from channels in one universe to channels in another universe?

The sequence editor doesn't care what universe the channels are in when making groups. You could create groups with other hardware included as well, and you are not limited to specific hardware for grouping purposes.

So, to answer the question, yes. It's possible. Just create the group as you normally would.

I try to do that, but it I can't go past the end of the universe. I then have to group the remaining channels by themselves in the next universe. I would like to have them all in the same group if possible. If not, then I'll have to live with it. Thanks ..

I just tried an experiment. I created 5 RGB channels spread over 3 different universes. they are listed on the top of the photo. Below that you will see the grid in sequence editor twice. On the left is the 5 RGB channels with the group expanded, and on the right with the group collapsed. As you can see, the group spans channels in all three universes.

BTW, this is in 3.7.0 Advanced.

Channels.jpg

Edited by k6ccc