Light-O-Rama Forums

Question/advise on CCR overkill on sequencing

Al Saunders

Hi everyone. This is my first year with CCR's. I have two ribbons and the Super Star software. My question is for you guys/gals that already use them do you try and sequence light effects to most of the beats and notes/music in a song or just use the CCR's as accent pieces considering I have 32 channels with regular lights? I'm working on Christmas Eve Sarajevo and found myself doing alot of chase scenes with revolving color and I have made some really cool morphs. I'm just wondering if it would be better considering I only have two CCR's if I do some effects during the show and not worry about every beat or note.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks, Al

I do both; some sequences I use the CCDs a lot, some sequences I use them very little. Depends on the song, and how I want it to look. In the 5 years I have been doing this I have found that people tend to watch one element in the show most of the time. For example; most of the kids watch my singing face. That being the case, if it's a song targeted at kids, I don't spend a lot of time programing anything else except the face.

I have 4 CCR arches (adding one more this year) and use them most for chases.

Only use them once in a while in each song.

You are the best judge!

Yup, depends on the song whether to use them as accents, or center piece.

Those suckers are really, really bright, so you might want to back off on the brightness.

Hey guys, thanks for the advice. I think I'll mostly use them as accent pieces as they will be front and center on top of my lower roof. I have a rather unusual house that sits across the street from a parking lot so I have the potential for a large crowd. Now I just need to decide on how I want to mount them. I'm thinking at least one will be a double arch and some of the morphs are designed to be together so I need them either above one another or right next to each other.

Again, thanks for help!

• The topic was locked