Light-O-Rama Forums

Changing from RGB to RBG

john_s_sub

Is there an easy way to change already setup RGB channels on S3 from RGB to another combination? I received some strips recently and channel sequence is different ie can't do auto RGB channel build where R=1 G=2 B=3

Thanks all

Guest wbottomley

Is there an easy way to change already setup RGB channels on S3 from RGB to another combination? I received some strips recently and channel sequence is different ie can't do auto RGB channel build where R=1 G=2 B=3

Thanks all

No. Your hardware does that for you.

Your hardware SHOULD do that for you. If by chance you have hardware that doesn't, you can always open the channel configuration and re-map B to G and G to B. That could obviously be very time consuming depending on how many RGB channels you have.

If you're using straight RGB strings it's far easier to change the wiring. If you're using pixels, most hardware should support the change (e.g. on the E68x it's a simple parameter which can be set on a per-cluster basis). The only situation I've run across that you *have* to do it in the software is the DMX->Pixel protocol bridges. I've never used them, but I'm told that they output "RGB" even though many pixel strings are BRG. In that case you'll have to go into your channel config and swap channels around.

Edited by Tim Fischer
  • Like 1

The strips I got from China are RGB, but the little power plug is wired RBG.. I just cut off the end and resoldered it correctly. Do it yourself, saves a lot of guesswork if you happen to mix/match strips from different vendors.

• Like 1

I did the same thing,just wired the strips into by controller the right way to get the correct colors

Thanks all for the replies. This is not a dumb strip but an intelligent one - 2811. Unfortunately I can't require or resolder. May need to look at the painful rearrange of channels via the software

DMX controller from Ray. This one:

LT-DMX-2801 DMX-SPI Decoder;support WS2801,WS2803 drving IC

So only strips through this would need to be changed to RBG instead

Thanks

Edited by john_s_sub

DMX controller from Ray. This one:

LT-DMX-2801 DMX-SPI Decoder;support WS2801,WS2803 drving IC

So only strips through this would need to be changed to RBG instead

Thanks

Ah yes... like I said above, with the protocol converters, you're kind of SOL and have to remap your channels. Sorry...