Light-O-Rama Forums

need a second USB-RS485 ADAPTER

Kevin Doucet

Hi, i was just wandering if the USB-RS485 adapter you can only purchase that from the LOR, does electronic carries something that would work with my controllers, Reason is i have 3 controller and will be using 1 controller at my brother in law house for Halloween, so need a second adapter, never thought of it untill now.

Kevin

Kevin,

I went down this road years ago. I found out LOR USB adapter is the only one that works. Ones from other sources will not work. I wouldn't trust other sources anyway. Not with my display.

Again, I tried it. Now if something else has been tried since and works, I'm not aware of it.

And as it is not a part that just -anyone- has, get a spare from LOR NOW before you figure out your controllers arent responding to a bad USB485 and you'll have to wait a week to get a new one.

• Like 2

And as it is not a part that just -anyone- has, get a spare from LOR NOW before you figure out your controllers arent responding to a bad USB485 and you'll have to wait a week to get a new one.

TJ, I did that very thing during this past summer sale.

When my -16PC board burned, it took the -16QC board and -485 with it.. I, luckily, already had another -485 as a spare, so I was able to replace the bad one with that, and just wait for the replacement -485 from LOR, which is now the spare.. We all do our best to make sure all the sequences and music are protected (backed-up) and maybe even have a spare controller, but few give a thot to the smallest things we need.. =)

It's not that I don't want to order one from LOR, it's just that I need one by halloween, I don't think it will be in on time if i order it now.

You have time.

Besides, you don't have a choice if you need one.

Unless someone close by will lend you one.

Edited by Santas Helper