Light-O-Rama Forums

shimmer speed

musicman130

I was wondering if there was a way to change the shiimmer speed in a song? I am doing yule amazing grace and I would like the mega tree to do a slow shimmer during the beginning part. Almost like it's sparkling.... hope you can understand this. I wasn't sure if there was a way to do this or not with S3. If not I just won't have it on, but I was hoping that there was a way to make it real slow, like I said almost sparkline.

Thanks

If I understand correctly, I don't know of any way to change the shimmer rate.

This would be a nice feature, being an old AL guy, the intensity of the shimmer could be changed by setting the rate you wanted. If you wanted a slight shimmer you could set the rate where it went from 100% to say 75% if you wanted an intense shimmer you could go down to 25%. Shimmer intensities can really make certain passages of a song especially vocals look really cool if used correctly. I hope the developers make this as part of an upgrade in the near future.

SPaschall

• 4 weeks later...

Please add me to the list of wishers - I came to the forum tonight looking for exactly this feature. What threw me on this was that the "shimmer" shown in the virtualizer and in the sequence editor is slower than the actual shimmer of the lights (as far as I can tell - still in testing). To be able to control this speed would be great. It could be handled just like the custom intensity/fade up/fade down settings.

LOR - is doable? Thanks! :)

This would be a nice feature, being an old AL guy, the intensity of the shimmer could be changed by setting the rate you wanted. If you wanted a slight shimmer you could set the rate where it went from 100% to say 75% if you wanted an intense shimmer you could go down to 25%. Shimmer intensities can really make certain passages of a song especially vocals look really cool if used correctly. I hope the developers make this as part of an upgrade in the near future.

SPaschall

Welcome SPaschall ! :)

Glenn