Light-O-Rama Forums

Need help with scheduling

Albertanewfiesanta

You're probably not getting a response because you're posting your question in old, pretty much unrelated threads. Would suggest that you start a new thread in the Newbie forum.

Need help can't get sequence in schedule

Go to the main screen, forums tab, newbies and "start new topic".

Be as specific as you can about your problem.

There are many great people on this forum.

tj

Looks like one of the moderators moved this for you.

To build a schedule, you first need to put your sequences into a show. Use the Show Editor or Simple Show Builder. That tool will allow you to place your sequences into a show. Save your show and then open the Scheduler. From there, you'll select your show and tell the scheduler when to run the show.

Don't forget to click on the light-o-Rama light bulb in your system tray and enable the schedule.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to all of you! question how to enable the schedule? Please can you tell me step by step? i already have everything scheduled, i used the Show Editor to do this, i saved my show and i putted or selected and told my scheduler when to run the show. Now i need to know how to enable the schedule or what else needs to be done. Please LOR's brothers and sisters.

thanks

Per my post above, Right click on the red light bulb icon in your system tray and choose the "enable schedule" menu item. I'm pretty sure it's a right click. If that doesn't give you a menu, then do a left click.

Edited by Aaron Maue

Guest Don Gillespie

look at the bottom right hand side of your computer screen, you know where the volume button is and it shows conected to the internet that is where the red light buld icon should be, if it is not there go into the start menu and pull up all programs, look for LOR controll panel double left click on that a pop up will appear on your desktop telling you that LOR is now running in your tray system good luck

Hello Don! i see - let me tell you what i did and what is happening now. i used the show editor saved and also saved on the show scheduled editor and saved them. But i don't see the the light o"rama light bulb in my system tray looking red or any other color; however, i went into the Light O'rama Program, then Light O'rama Control Planel double click and i get to windows, one small and one medium. the medium box said: shows cannot be anabled because of an error. open of serial port has failed

Error: (8002) Open of serial port has failed and some other information. the small box said Light O-Rama is now running in our system tray.

Note, at this moment no LORs controllers are connected to the computer, it is just the computer alone. so lets continue.

when i click ok on the medium box that shows the errors and click ok, this box goes away. it leave the little box, the little box has the option to click ok, and when i click ok, the box goes away and a WHITE-BLUE Light bulb shows at the bottom of computer "system tray", when i click there a window open that is called: C:\Program Files (x86)\Light-O-Rama\LORCommListener.exe and i see a black box running without stopping but i don't get the option to anable or disable. I don't see a RED Bulb at all. i hope i was able to explain. please let me know.

thanks

Couple of questions...

1. Have you ever connected the USB-to-RS485 converter to your computer?

2. Do you plan to use DMX hardware in your setup?

I don't use DMX at all, so hoping someone else can chime in, but from reading the documentation, it appears that may have something to do with your problem. As I understand it, the comm listener app is used to allow LOR programs such as the sequence editor and show player to control DMX devices.

Edit: re-reading your post tells me you may still not be looking in the right place for the LOR red bulb. The system tray is on the lower right of your screen. It's right next to the clock. There are likely other icons showing there as well, as Don mentioned. Once you've started the control panel app as you've done, you should see the bulb there, although with the error messages you mention above, you may not.

If this post doesn't help, it might be time for a call to the LOR help desk so they can help you through it.

Edited by Aaron Maue

yes to question One

No to question two

i still don't see it. what i see is the white blue bulb and when i click i get these two windows and when i click on the little windows i get this black windows that it does not stop, until i turn off the computer and turn it back on. Should i delete/uninstall LOR software and reinstalled again.?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to all of you, i was finally able to see the Red lor light bulb in my system tray. my computer has a litle check mark, accidentally i click there and abracadabra the red light bulb was there. Thanks so much AAron and Don, i couldn't have done it without your help and patience. i got a computer just for light orama song, sequences and all my audio. Thanks so much.