Light-O-Rama Forums

Windows Vista Support

Guest guest

Version 1.6.3 has been released. Feature wise it is the same as 1.6.3 but it has support for Window's Vista operating system.

Unless you have Vista there is no benefit to downloading this version. (stick with 1.6.1)

Doh! I always forget that it's under "Support" - for some reason I expect to find it under "Products/Software"! :P

Edit: It works! I don't have a controller here at the office but at least it's playing music now.

Do you still need the hardware update for 1.6.3 and the Vista 1.6.3 update or do you just patch with the Vista update when getting it running on Vista?

greenmeanie wrote:

Do you still need the hardware update for 1.6.3 and the Vista 1.6.3 update or do you just patch with the Vista update when getting it running on Vista?

Unless you have Vista I would recommend that you not upgrade to 1.6.3. Keep running with 1.6.1 There is no advantage to running with 1.6.3 unless you have Vista.

Current hardware will run fine on 1.6.3.

I am running Vista Ultimate and a little confused LOL.

I can skip the HARDWARE UTILITY 1.6.3 upgrade and just run the LOR 1.6.3 Upgrade for vista and it will work ok?

Or should i do both upgrades?

Or when LOR II comes out I won't have to worry about this at all LOL?

So dumb question. If you create a sequence on 1.6.1 XP, and transfer it to 1.6.3, Vista for the show, is this going to work? Unfortunately the new laptop I got for the display has Vista. I thought about taking out the HD and replacing with an XP O/S, but that is going to be more work than I have time. SOoooo, this may make things easier.

How can I install the upgrade on Vista? When I try to install the old version first. I get, it is not installed correctly. Then when I run the Vista upgrade, It says.... LOR is not installed on this computer?

Help. :P

• 2 weeks later...

kr2828 wrote:

How can I install the upgrade on Vista? When I try to install the old version first. I get, it is not installed correctly. Then when I run the Vista upgrade, It says.... LOR is not installed on this computer?

Help. :)

If you have not done so already send an email to support@lightorama.com

LightORama wrote:

I am not sure... We do not have a machine to test Vista X64.

I am building a new machine on Monday that will run 64bit Vista, I will let you know.