Light-O-Rama Forums

fm transmitter

kelly jett

hey fellow insane light folks (don't get mad you know you have to be a little crazy to have this much fun with lights)

i have a customer that is looking for an fm transmitter that we can run music for the lights through as well as hook up to a sound system for a holiday light parade.

they found this one and i was wondering if anyone had an experience with it or if they had any other ideas.

http://www.amazon.com/0-5-Fail-Safe-Long-Range-Transmitter/dp/B003FO4UHW/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

the price sounds good but i know with most all of the holiday toys you usually get what you pay for.

i myself have a ramsey fm transmitter but it is a little more expensive then they want to spend. i've had no problems with mine but cost seems to be the main factor.

in advance i want to thank everyone for any assistance they may provide.

thanks

Yes i bought one about two weeks ago from amazon for $56,00 and i've tested it at a shot range about 1/4 mile my son said it was clear and was even picking people taking in the room The transmitter was setting the middle of our trailer house we live about 10 mile or so out of town on flat plains and i was set to 87.9 fm we didn't test it any further then that i just had him go so far just to see if it would cover the trailer park of about 20 homes i was impressed i thought i would have to put up an outside antenna looks like i'm good to go for the price i think its a good buy and also its set to low power not high power i only need to transmit is 200 to 250 ft .

jim

Sorry about that mine looked a lot like the one you posted about, guess mine is the second model that you posted model CZH-05B. I thought the fs stood for fail safe, new to the transmitter thing, Looks very nice now wished I had seen that one! At least mine also has the Sleek, Sexy Smooth Black Finish.lol

Jim

Edited by digitalfreeloaders

eBay has the same ones for $30+ less. I got mine there three yrs ago, $35, shipped. Set it to .10watts, loooow power, dont change the antenna, and keep the computer's volume at abt 30% (absolutely no more than 50%!) and the radio "volume:" at abt 10 o'clock position. If it sound distorted, lower the computer volume a little more. If it's too high, it overdrives the final transistor, causes splatter and undesireable signals.

eBay has the same ones for $30+ less. I got mine there three yrs ago, $35, shipped. Set it to .10watts, loooow power, dont change the antenna, and keep the computer's volume at abt 30% (absolutely no more than 50%!) and the radio "volume:" at abt 10 o'clock position. If it sound distorted, lower the computer volume a little more. If it's too high, it overdrives the final transistor, causes splatter and undesireable signals.

Ahoy Capn Jack, thanks for setting a matey on the right course, don't want to overdrive the final transistor and send it to Davey Jones locker! Thanks again P-)

Yeah if you need to "boost" the signal, dont do it by just cranking up the output (i.e. volume knob and computer settings)...just add a ground plane antenna or some other type of mast setup...you will be amazed how "far" this sucker will boradcast...

But be mindful NOT to pump out to high a signal...otherwise the gents in the black van may come a knocking....

lol Thanks for the warning guys, I ain't havin trouble transmitting actually tested it and low power was transmitting about 1/4 mile from inside the house without an antenna but appreciated the heads up, will keep my adjustments low and keep an eye out for the black vans!! If they show up I won't answer the door, I could make my wife answer the door she could act like she had no idea, or even better put an antenna at my mother in laws house next door. LOL she would love that!!

Do you mean this ONE?

He was parked a few houses down.

Should I be wierded?????????

im waiting for BA to come out saying i aint playing no music FOOL

"Should I be wierded?????????"

Wow did I really post that? (wierded..."worried") spelling, grammer, who needs that crap.

Not that it would have helped me on this one, but I think we need to add spell checker to the wish list.

Edited by dknahoolewa

"Should I be wierded?????????"

Wow did I really post that? (wierded..."worried") spelling, grammer, who needs that crap.

Not that it would have helped me on this one, but I think we need to add spell checker to the wish list.

I assumed you just misspelled weirded, and were just speaking teenager lingo.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=weirded%20out

OOPS too late, Are they that bad seemed to work ok got 1/4 mile on the first test. Haven't ran it since that, can't send it back now won't get one back in time for show DID u have one go bad ? czh-05b the model i got

does anyone have a users manual (PDF) version they could email me.

email brian_murray@csx.com

Sainsonic 100mW/ 500mW Radio FM 76-108Mhz

Home Long Range Mini TRANSMITTER

I hope that the manual had the information you needed, Good luck with your transmitter!

I am new to this and just getting setup so I can plug in.

I wonder if anyone can tell me if this FM Transmitter on Amazon

will work well with the LOR MP3.

C. Crane FM2 Digital Full Spectrum FM Transmitter for MP3 Players, Stereo Systems, Radios, Laptops and Any Audio Source

http://www.amazon.com/FM2-Digital-Spectrum-Transmitter-Players/dp/B005GUQ0FI/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_5

It's on for $50 inc shipping.

The others you mentioned here are $79 plus.

Thanx in advance.

Lou