Light-O-Rama Forums

Christmas vacation wav

Sneely

Ok this may seem trivial to some of you but I want to chop up the scene off of national lampoons christmas vacation . 250 lights and the drum roll and haleiluja ect. any one have that file or know where I can buy it or software I can purchase ?

hey sneely,

the easiest way to do it is to get a copy of the audio from the movie. either from youtube or if you have the movie itself and pull it off of there. i did it last year in my display with several other scenes from the movie and spliced them together. you can find many different scenes from the movie on youtube and then just download audacity to your computer. audacity software is free and will let you take any audio and edit to what you want. you can cut down music as well as insert sound effects and voice overs. the software is really simple and alot of people on the forums use it to create the songs and lengths that they need.

if you love a song but not all of it then you can edit the way you want. you can fade in and out and blend songs together very easily.

check it out and play with it. its really easy to use and can solve alot of the timing issues and flow of some songs.

i've used it with many songs to fade the music down with the lights at the end of a song and then fade it back up with the next song.

hope that helps

• Like 1

You can look Google DVD or Audio rippers. There are a number of free and paid versions that will do the trick.

AOA Audio Extractor is free and it words with avi, mp4 and other video formats.

I own #1 DVD Audio Ripper and this will pull it right off the DVD for you. You can queue up the section to rip, the if you want use Audacity to finalize it.

I have also used the method that Kelly refers to. That works as well.

I did that but I took the first 45 min of the movie and cut to about 7.5 min. I have a visualizer of my show on youtube. If you have the software it is not bad. What I did was to rip movie from dvd to hard drive. ran though a program and cut the parts out i did not want. then ripped the video off and saved as a mp3 file. then it needs to saved through audacity to a constant 128. if you want to see my youtube let me know and i will find the link. i have it here on this site somewhere. I am trying to get my new computer running with correct files and stuff so i do not have information right here right now.

Yea I'd love to see it thanks

i have loads of clips of that movie what part would you like ????

I want the part where he says I dedicate this house with 250 imported lights , drum roll , joy to the world , and it not going right and the woman says that's pissing away money then him making the sound as he is plugging up the lights and then halleuja song , not much lmao.

It's on you tube - just search 'christmas vacation drum roll please" - record it with audacity and you're on your way

Edited by BillyTRichVa
  • Like 2

I want the part where he says I dedicate this house with 250 imported lights , drum roll , joy to the world , and it not going right and the woman says that's pissing away money then him making the sound as he is plugging up the lights and then halleuja song , not much lmao.

I'm pretty sure those are 2 different scenes. You may need to get the two of them and then join the two audio files together end-to-end. I used the second of those two scenes in my show last year. I just searched for the .mp3 file online. Maybe the other one is out there too.

My YT page, this the one you want? I have a couple different versions.. a couple where the lights DONT work then the success one (with Hallelujah chorus).. PM me yer email addy and I'll send what I've got.. have a couple sequences I used for my shows opening scene.

just the video has "I dedicate this house" cut off.. the audio clip has the full length..

Edited by TJ Hvasta
  • Like 1

Tj would love to have opening sequence too,does it include the audio Thank You Rodney email address rdlee64@comcast.net

• 1 year later...

Just opened my first lor controller and this is exactly what popped in my head. i have searched for the file, if any body could help me out with this , I definately wanna start my show with this. Thanks. and I am also open to anyone that may be willing to show me the way to a couple of sequences to download. I hooked up four mini trees and sequenced only four channels to a two minute song. WOW! Two hours later on four channels and I am not close to being happy with it. Any suggestions for a staight up noob on the sequencing would be greatly appreciated.

MY LIFE IS NOW OVER, I find my self thinking about xmas light 24/7, everything I look at, I think, what a great prop I could make out of that. My wife is not into it as I am so I told her she could have me for 2 weeks after xmas and that might be all she sees of me on one years time from here on. Any ways, my name is Chas and I am glad to be a new LOR owner and part of these forums.

It's on you tube - just search 'christmas vacation drum roll please" - record it with audacity and you're on your way

better still there is a website called youtubetomp3.org that will convert anything on youtube to a mp3.  from there bring it into audacity and you are on your way.