Light-O-Rama Forums

USB485B Error Message

DocBrown86

When plugging in my USB485B into a USB port, and click Auto-Configure and get the error "Unable to locate the LOR port. Check that the controller is connected and that the power is on." I have tried multiple USB ports, only hardware utility is open. I also tried the FTClean program that the site recommended, now when I plug in the 485B it makes the rapid USB error sound, kinda like "dundundun" instead the happy "dudun!"

I used S2 last year, and downloaded S3 over the summer, could that have anything to do with it? I am lost now, and extremely frustrated..

Error beeps gone, now trying to get comm back.

Edited by DocBrown86

the USB485 has to be plugged into a controller also.. when you clicked the Auto Find Comm Port, you saw:

"Unable to locate the LOR port. Check that the controller is connected and that the power is on."

do that now.. plug in a cat5 to the -485 and other end to a powered controller.

Next, after you did that (above), when you hear the hardware "beep", go into Device Manager, and look what Comm port is assigned to the -485. yes I know you said it isnt there, but the hardware beep says it is.. If the assigned port is higher than .. say.. Comm 8.. change it down to 2-4, somewhere in that range. Most times, Windows assigns a port like.. 15.. no one knows why, it just does.. so change the comm port to 2, 3, 4.. 1 even, if its free.. then after you've done that, open the Hardware Utility again, and click the Comm Port search.. you -can- just open the little menu and see if the comm port is already there (sometimes it is)..

Edited by TJ Hvasta