Light-O-Rama Forums

Controller acting odd

thobby04@gmail.com

My show worked perfectly last night but today controller two is acting odd. On my pumpkin faces multiple mouth movements are lighting at the same time. Also Channel 8 on controller two doesn't power on lighst connected to that channel and as it is daisy chained to controller three it is not responding properly. I disconnect the daisy chain from unit one and went into hardward utiliy and reset the unit id from 2 to 2 and also did configure. I did a test of all lights on and they respond. All light came on. i reconnected unit 2 back in the daisy chain and still same issue as before. Any thoughts?

sounds like a communication issue,either a cable or the socket,try daisy chaining 1 to three and then three to two if three works right the it is an issue with controller's two cable or socket. also if controller rwo still acts up try another cable or the second socket

I had this exact same problem and here's what I did. check your cable ends for corrosion. If that checks out, then check the cat 5 port that you plug your cable into. make sure all those little wires are properly bent up to come in good contact with your cable. I made a little tool out of some wire for bending them up. once I did this, the controller worked perfect as well as all the other controllers further down the line

Thank you both for you help with my controller issue. I checked the cables and it appears one of them had been chewed on by some little animal. Not completely through but enough for one of the Cat 5 cable wires to be cut. So I purchased two new CAT 5 Cables. Also contacted the help desk and they walked me through resetting the controller. After the new cables and reboot it appears to be working. I won't really know until it gets a litter darker outside but Controller 3 and 4 appear to be back on-line and the faces connected to controller two appear to be working as well. Must have been a squirrel or chipmunk.