Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR CTB16PC

Guest guest

• 2 weeks later...

I got great results using the plastic, blow-formed boxes you buy electric handtools in; electric screwdrivers, jigsaws and stuff. I hated to throw the things out so I kept them. They are just about perfect for the fairly flat LOR circuit boards and heatsinks. They are no-cost, cut and drill easily with knife/heat-gun or drill, some have continuous molded-in hinges to shed rain, they have handles for carrying and latches and they store really well. They are also plastic, so no electrical shorts and are light weight for roof mounting. I used two of these and one tupperware "cake carrier" (wal-mart $4.23) last year. I have two more for this year's expansion. No problems with any of them. even up on the roof, in the wind and rain. Dropping them doesn't seem to be a problem either...:shock:

VonnerNIX wrote:

LightORama sells enclosures on their site that fit their equipment. Take a look there.

The enclosures for the CTB16PC have the PlanetChristmas Logo on the cover, which got me to thinking (that's the wood you smell burning!). Since Chuck is Mr. PlanetChristmas, shouldn't his image be on the cover? Hmmm, if I download his avatar....