Light-O-Rama Forums

How hard is it to use LOR S3?

xxkasperxx

never used aurora,but I like lor 3 bet most folks here like it as well. for me it's easy to use but takes a long time to finish a song.

From an easy standpoint I think it's probably one of the best packages out there as long as your using LOR gear or DMX based gear. If you are using LOR only gear than its a huge plus. If you are huge into DIY or want to run a bunch of different hardware then there may be other choices to consider.

I have a large display and it's the only package I trust to run my show without any hiccups.

• Like 1

Guest wbottomley

I used Aurora last year, and am thinking about switching to LOR S3. Should i switch?

How hard is LOR sequencer to use?

I posted this before... that's like going to a Chevrolet dealership and asking which one is better. Chevy or Ford?

• Like 2

I used Aurora last year, and am thinking about switching to LOR S3. Should i switch?

How hard is LOR sequencer to use?

All of the lighting software programs (Aurora, Light Show Pro, Animated Lighting, LOR) are going to have different features which will make things easier or harder for each person. That really great "FeatureX" in Aurora that saves *you* a lot of time, may be the most confusing aspect of the software to someone else.

I would suggest downloading the software and taking it for a test drive. See what you think, and if it will work for you. The software can be downloaded here. Take a look at this page to see what limitations there are on the demo software. There are a few, but it will give you a very good idea if you think the LOR software will work for you.

Toyota, Pontiac, Lexus Hybrid

Real answer "LOR" but it is the only one I have used..... :D

Edited by dknahoolewa

There are a few members here that have used multiple packages. Seems like about a year since I saw one of them cover their likes, dislikes, etc.

Basically, my recollection is that if you don't want to go Madrix, and you want stable, and rather scaleabe, LOR was the way to go. And at least a few of the Madrix users still use LOR for the elements that are not approximately pixel matrices.

Maybe one of them will chime in eventually with their latest update.

But I tend to be a Ford/Mazda/Audi type myself.

• 3 weeks later...

Difficulty???????That's entirely up to the individual. Just like posted earlier....ford or chevy??

Definitely FORD.