Light-O-Rama Forums

Foreground Effect on RGB

ShaggySS

I am curious if it is possible to use the Foreground Effect tool on RGB fades? If not is there another tool that can do this.

Here is my chase.

chase.JPG

Here is what happens if I use the Foreground effect tool and red.

chase2.JPG

It makese sense to me why its doing it but I am curious if there is another way to do what I want and that is to change the color while keeping the fade.

yes you can add background and foreground effects but it will change the colors in the cells. you can't change the whole area as one you need to change it under the indiivdual colors

Edited by james campbell

It would be cool if we could "Copy .... Paste Special" and have the option to select the Color to paste, or the effect "Shimmer" or "Twinkle"

or if we could highlight an entire area and change the properties of any non-empty cell:

1.) Set the intensity

2.) Set the color (if RGB)

3.) shimmer

4.) twinkle

5.) Fade

another cool option would be to apply fade up/down over a highlighted selection of cells

For example... i have about 20 seconds of sequence that is currently sequenced at 100% intensity.

I would the intensity to decrease from 100% to 0% over that 20 seconds. So rather than go back and re sequence with all the different intensities, it would be much easier to sequence at 100% intensity and then apply the fade afterwards

<emailed to wishlist@lightorama.com>

Edited by Crazydave
  • Like 1

I'm not absolutely sure this will work for your example, but for simple color changes, I've "cut" the area I want to change and than just pasted back in 1 or 2 rgb rows above or below my cut line.

This moves everything up or down in the RGB lines. Does this make sense? It works for me on the simple RED, Blue , Green colors, but doesn't work if trying to get specific shades/ colors.

And after re-reading the original post...........this won't work using the color white ...............but if you started with a color, you could create white by pasting in all 3 RGB rows.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

My problem is that with my pixels, I'm doing most of my work in "groups", where you can't just expand out the 3 component channels. With standard channels, I use foreground effects all the time for things like fading chases. I'd like to be able to select a range of RGB channels (or groups) and just say "fade this down".

I may end up just writing a utility similar to Bob's Clipboard Flipper called "Clipboard Fade-down" but I won't get to that until next year... And I'd prefer it was just built-in...

Try again Tim, you certainly can. Every RGB channel in my display is grouped. Expand the group then expand the RGB for an individual RGB channel.Jeff

Right, but I think what Tim's looking for (and myself!) is a way to edit the RGB values of a group as a whole. So, instead of expanding all 50 RGB channels, we'd like to expand the Group's RGB channels, being able to change RGB values of the entire group through 3 channels.

Try again Tim, you certainly can. Every RGB channel in my display is grouped. Expand the group then expand the RGB for an individual RGB channel.Jeff

Hi Jeff, sorry I missed this post until now.

My problem is I'm using pixel strings, and I'm mostly sequencing them as a group. That is, I don't go into every single pixel to sequence them, I have groups set up various ways, and I sequence something like "Strand 1" (which contains 64 RGB channels) or "Z-Tree Level 1" (which contains many RGB channels). There's no way for me to open up the RGB on the *group*. I can do it on the first pixel, and then "paste multiple", but thats a PITA...

Just trying to explain what I meant...