Light-O-Rama Forums

Hardware Utility for all CCP channels?

thebaronn

Hello,

I finished a large project yesterday and used 2 CCPixels fto light some pumpkins. I am only lighting 32 pumpkins, but the distance between them required 2 100ct CCPixel strings. Now, when I put it together I never wrote pixel position down (which I never have done, I usually sit in the yard at night and use the Hardware Utility to figure out where everything is) and I need an easy way to figure it out.

I went to the HW and the most I can get is 16 channels! (which of course I never noticed until i need it!) Am I missing un upgrade or something? I have S3.7

Please tell me that I am missing something easy.

When I use the test hardware function in Lightshowpro, I run into a problem at pixel 83, the program goes crazy. So unless I am missing something I have to crack open the CCPixel boxes and change them to 2 different 50ct pixel controllers. ( I would have just done that accross the network, but of course the 100ct strings are controller 8&9..... and if I change it to 2 controller in a row, controllers 8&9, and 9&10 don't cut it.....

You know there are 6 screws on each CCPixel box.....grrrrr

Thank you in advance!

Eric

The HWU hasn't been updated in a loooong time (significantly anyway). Beyond that, it really needs to be able to control any type of channel (including DMX and E1.31)

Why do you need to open the CCB box? There are no setting switches inside.

You can use the HWU console to test an individual pixel. Or you could do it in a sequence.

Here is how to use the console.

http://itsmebob.com/.../HWUConsole.wmv

Let me answer backwards: HWU, my console button gives my an error and then the HWU quits. So I have never used it. But that is good to know, thank you.

Looks like I will have to change each to 2 consecutive 50ct controller IDs because LSP lights up Pixel 1 when I light up Pixel 83 and then so on.

I will have to crack open one box to reset the controller IDs if I wanted to switch them to the 2 consecutive 50ct controller option. I would have to un-daisy chain them. I know you are thinking, just turn the power off on one of them at a time. But I cannot, as it is I can barely reach one of the boxes because of the setup. And the power cords are on the same power cord. Too bad I put the Controller number so close together......

1) get a piece of paper and number from 1 to (however many# of pixels)

2. Make a 'test' sequence......Where it turns on one pixel (make I white so all three channels are on) make it be on for 10 seconds. the next 10 seconds should light up only the next pixel......and so on and so forth

3) take piece of paper with clipboard and pen....and watch you sequence and note the location of each pixel

4) now you have a map of your pixels

1) get a piece of paper and number from 1 to (however many# of pixels)

2. Make a 'test' sequence......Where it turns on one pixel (make I white so all three channels are on) make it be on for 10 seconds. the next 10 seconds should light up only the next pixel......and so on and so forth

3) take piece of paper with clipboard and pen....and watch you sequence and note the location of each pixel

4) now you have a map of your pixels

That's what I usually do with the Hardware Utility, but I was looking for a way to go past the 16 legacy channels. But Bob showed me that my utility is not working properly and the console button allows me to use all of them.

Just didn't want to do an actual test sequence because It it easier to get mixed up, the manual option of the HWU is usually better.