Light-O-Rama Forums

Running sequence from sequencer...DMX seems to lag

iflights

I've got to thank all of the contributors to this forum and hope there is a simple answer.

When I run my sequence from sequencer, with control lights checked, the DMX lights I have sequenced seems to lag behind the actual playing of the sequence. The LOR units I also have attached respond exactly as you'd expect and are dead on with timings. Visualizer is dead on as well.

I'm using the Enttec Pro dongle and Rainbow extremes from SE.

When using other tools to help isolate and debug such as xLights, the lights respond instantly to the commands. Given that, I don't see it being the dongle or lights as the concern.

Should the sequence be able to play and control DMX perfectly using the sequencer, or do I need to do something else?

Thanks

Steve

I have the same problem. I've had to compensate for the lag in the timing for this year till I find the fix. About 5/10's is what works in my sequences.

I commented on come lag issues on another post and resolved it. Maybe your having the same problems? When you control the lights through the sequencer and running many channels...there is a lag issue. You just need to make some adjustments and turn a few things off. But when running through a actual show...no problems. Hopefully its just this easy fix.

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/22505-pixel-hang-up/#entry214405

I have been testing for about 2 weeks now. I wrote a 5 minute 2 sec animation sequence with 6 standard LOR channels and 1 DMX universe with 12 channels. Th;ast 2 sec of the sequence is blank to prevent the 3 channel controllers from diverting to their default pre=programmed sequence.Scheduled it in the show scheduler to run everyday from 5pm to 10pm to simulate a show. I am using a LOR adapter for LOR and a Entec Pro for DMX. No problems as of yet noted and it's been 2 weeks none stop.

It got to the point where I spent the entire day on it yesterday and then decided to install LOR 3.7, + DMX dongle on a much newer laptop. I was using a Dell D630.

That solved my issue.

So I don't know if its newer hardware (Dell 6410), or the Enttec drivers which made the difference, or some combination of both, because those were the only 2 things different from my 1st install. (I used an older version of the ENTTEC dongle drivers on the new computer).

I loaded the older drivers on the D630 hoping to chalk this up to driver issue, but the issue remained at least on that laptop.

There's no documentation I could find to say exactly which version # of the Enttec USB DMX PRO driver was certified with LOR 3.7, but that certainly would be good to know for future reference.

Anyway, it now works perfectly. I've got several of the SE Rainbow extremes, and I'm very excited about the results. Those guys are bright!

Thought I should report back my findings and how I resolved my issue. Appreciate the ideas everyone!

• The topic was locked