Light-O-Rama Forums

FRUSTRATED !

mastersnowdaddy

Hello, and let me start by saying THANK YOU in advance,I have a LOR 1602W metal enclosure that was purchased in the spring sale,I have spent most of the summer sequencencing 2 songs,and now have tried to test light and music operation. nothing works.control panel says show is running,I have searched the forums for a problem like this but seem to be missing it any help will be greatly appreaciated.I don't quite understand what I am doing wrong,Thanks again,John

Is the red led on the controller flashing or steady on? If it's flashing, it's not talking to the software yet. In the control panel menu, click on Hardware Utility. First establish communication on the comm port, then assign the controller a #. Then you should be able to test your lights. If this is already done, in the sequence editor under play menu, click Control Lights.

yeah...that has happened to me and I go WTH! and I do it EVERYTIME then I remember...Oh yeah....what Jim says above.... but remember if you are using the visualizer you need to turn OFF control lights if you switch back to visualizer or it won't play in that.

I have never seen a red led light on my controller !! I have establised a comm port connection, have set unit id,have tested lights with the hardware utility.turned off hardware utility,in sequence editor,will try control lights,thanks,John

Jim,I clicked control lights in the sequence editor.and still no lights,display on controller is flashing L-02 the controller id,noconn d0002,I still have never seen a red led light ?? this is a gen 3thanks again,John

Are you able to still control lights in the Hardware Utility? I don't have any Gen3 brds, I thought they all had indicator lamps. If you still can run lights in HU, then go back into Sequence Editor, go to Edit> Preferences> Network Preferences. In the LOR section(this depends on which version of software you have, as to how it is displayed) for Regular, it should show which COMM port you're using. If not, select the one that works according to HU. Does this help?

First things first, if you're not seeing a light on your controller - you can stop looking at software issues. Are you saying you don't have a light (red or green, solid or flashing) on the controller board?

If it's a Gen2 board, its a very noticable red LED bulb on the board, to the right of the Cat5 sockets. If its a Gen3 board, it's a small green SMT (surface mount technology), grain-of-rice-sized LED. It would be still near the Cat5 sockets.

First, with the board UNPLUGGED, case opened, check both fuses for continuity. If the fuses are good, (oh yeah, and the outlets are good), check both power feeds cables are good.. measure continuity from one spade lug at the board end of the cable, to the plug prong. Do that with both power cables BEFORE you plug them in.

Next, with the case still open, plug in the power cords. Now is there a red, or small green SMT LED blinking on the board.. If you had continuity at each fuse, across each power feed cable, plugged in the power feeds, and NO blinking green SMT (or red) LED then its a board issue. No blinking led, then the board is not being powered.

You will have to fill out a trouble ticket (on the LOR website) and send in the board. If you got it from the Spring Sale then its def covered under the warranty.

But you said:

I have never seen a red led light on my controller !! I have establised a comm port connection, have set unit id,

That is correct,I have never seen a red or green led light on the panel

The LED is on the board, not the panel of the case, you have to remove the panel, and see the actual board.. circuit board.. where all the dongles plug in.. The LED is on the circuit board, it's green if you have a Gen3 board, red if it's a Gen2 board, but If it didnt power up, how did you set a Unit ID number? Did you do a "Force Unit Number" ?

Edited by TJ Hvasta

Thank you so much for the info,it is very helpful,will start checking,I have a 30 amp controller,again THANK YOU

step 1.) test your lights by plugging into the wall

step 2.) Verify everything is hooked up.

Computer -> LOR USB Dongle -> Controller -> lights

Step 3.) open the Hardware utility and see if you can control the lights with that.

if that works... then it's something in your sequence.

make sure that the channel is properly set to the correct controller # and channel #

Panel is off,set unit id to o2,dmx 0002,i think led is under 3 buttons on panel next to cat 5 connections, still no colors,i have opened a help ticket with lor, you guys have helped me alot !!! Thank You,John

Good to hear.. Can you help us out by placing your city/town in your profile, so we can figure out if there's one of us "ol' farts" close by that can help..

just heard back from lor support,my gen 3 does not have red or green lights,it has "the fancy status display" apparently I am doing something wrong,GO FIGURE,dont I feel dumb! I will update my profile with info.much thanks again,John

really i have 4 gen 3 and all my boards have a green led light inside ..when i turn my controller in it flashes green and when i start my SE it stays on permanently green

here you go john i hope this helps

right now its flashing you have power to the board now try the SE and see if it stays on permanently ????

good luck

post-8977-0-28201300-1348514103_thumb.jp