Light-O-Rama Forums

Network Speeds

Tim

Ok, I finally got my networks configured correctly today but noticed my ELLs didn't communicate during the song. The Hardware Utility recognized both controllers, so the ELLs are working, but they did not talk during the song. I have all 3 networks set to the "Fastest, Short Range" settings for the CCRs. So I went back in and changed my one network (the one that controls 7 LOR controllers and the ELLs) to the "Average Speed" and it worked perfectly. So my questions:

1) Will it be ok to run 2 networks at the "Fastest" speed and one at the "Average" speed??

2) Is there any way to increase the speed of the ELLs, which are already set to 56k (according to Hardware Utility)?

Thank you so much for all your help!! Blessings.

Tim

Did you change the network speed in all of your sequences. And for me I have to log out of all the programs then log back in for it to work.

I did and it worked great for each song. I'm just wanting to make sure running at different speeds will work once all lights are plugged in. Plus, I want to know if there is anything else I need to do to the ELLs, or are they as fast as they are going to get. This is why I'm testing it now so I'm not pulling my hair out the day before the lights go on!

That's what I was thinking but I wanted to see if anyone else out there is doing this. I do have a seperate USB485 per network. Thanks.

Tim:

I am no expert at the CCR's but I've think your problem is you are sending more data than the light linkers can handle ...I use the light linkers for my led lights but the CCR data goes thru cat5 cable. You might want to check that out.

Edited by gmac

The CCRs are not ran off the ELLs. The CCRs are ran off a Cat5 to 2 seperate networks. My regular lights (LED, incandescents) are ran off the ELLs so there really isn't that much info going out. I've used the ELLS the past 3 years with no issues, but then again I kept the network speed to "Average" and not "Fast". So this makes me wonder that the speed must stay at "Average" when using ELLs.

Network speed must be set to average or less for the ELLs. Ran a 12 CCR screen over 3 networks with them prior year. ELLs wont respond if set to fast (close range).

All lit up,

That's kinda what I figured. Did you have all 3 networks set to the "average" speed, or did you have your CCR networks set to "Fastest"? That's how I will do it as long as there are no issues with the different speeds per network. Thanks for your help!

Tim