Light-O-Rama Forums

Controller help

stjohnson90

Hello all,

I have a controller that worked the other day completely fine. Its set to adress 3. Now I just plug it in with some light pluged in to the circuits to do some tests and im getting no LED status light and LOR is not seeing the conroller. I have a voltage tester and there is power going into the controller. The other weird thing is, it powers some circuits when I power up the controller. the the circuits go out.

Can anyone help??

Thanks!

Scott

Hello all,

As for the power cords... yes. Both plugged in. And I swapped the fuses and nothing.

In that manual I didnt see anything about reseting the controller. What page of the the manual is it on?

Thanks!

Scott

Hello all,

As for the power cords... yes. Both plugged in. And I swapped the fuses and nothing.

In that manual I didnt see anything about reseting the controller. What page of the the manual is it on?

Thanks!

Scott

http://www.lightorama.com/PDF/Kit_Troubleshooting_Guide.pdf

Resetting a board (removes a stand alone sequence, removes high/low burn setting, corrects various other

problems):

CTB16K/CTB16KV6 boards with Unit ID switches: power it off, set the switches to 00, power it on for a few

seconds, the LED will flash twice, pause, flash twice, pause…, power it off and put the Unit ID switches

back to 01.

CTB16K/CTB16KV6 boards without Unit ID switches: power it off, remove the jumper from J0, power it on

for a few seconds, the LED will flash twice, pause, flash twice, pause…,, power it off and replace the

jumper.

CTB16Kpcv1 boards: Power off, remove the jumper from second row of J0 pins, power on for a few

seconds, power off, replace jumper.

Edited by Ron Boyd

I think that what you have is one of the PC models. There should be a black header to the right of the RJ-45 jacks. The second down set of pins have a jumper on it. With power off, remove the jumper. Apply power for a few seconds. Remove power and put the jumper back on. Test..

I thought I would post and update that I have determined the cause of my issue. The transformer on the board had a loose pin, the solder joints were fine but I noticed when pushing on the transformer I felt it move just a bit, if I held pressure on it, light would come on. So I de-soldered and sure enough bum pin. Its not even a year old so LOR is sending me a new transformer.