Light-O-Rama Forums

Problem with background effect on CCR

PKingRoch

I have a CCR in my sequence that has a 40% chase in the blue channel. Across this same time duration, I'm trying to set the green channel to RGB (0,160,0) using the color fade tool as a background effect. The end result is that my CCR should be (0,160,0) everyplace where the chase isn't running. That isn't happening. Instead the color fade tool is coloring every cell in the sequence on or off. It seems that it doesn't honor the background effect setting. I'm using version 3.7 of the sequence editor. What am I doing wrong?

More info on this. In order for this to work correctly, all 3 channels (R, G & B) have to have a value in them other than zero. I would prefer the background effect be smart enough to see if one channel has a value than it would ignore that pixel, but at least for now I have a work around - turn the other channels on with an intensity of 1%. Is this a bug or working as designed?

If I am not mistaken, this is working as it should. The SE sees the 0's and thinks those channels can be part of the background. The 1% is the correct solution.

Thanks for the info. Personally I don't like it, when working on pixels, but I can see it if you are working on channels of the pixels. It's just not the way I'm using the prop.