Light-O-Rama Forums

S3 Basic + controller question

TheUltimate

I currently have three controllers and want to add a CCP with two strings to the mix. The only way I can seem to get the visualizer to work with the two strings is to make the second string act like it's on a seperate controller which makes 5. That then means I can't control that string because my license is only for 4 controllers. Do I need to upgrade to S3 standard for this to work or is there something else I need to do since I am actually only using 4 controllers?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, for now, the visualizer does not support CCPs. It's supposed to be on the wishlist.

That being said, to control it with your existing license, it will need to be set up as a single controller.

When adding up a CCP in the sequencer, under advanced options "Base Unit ID Mode ->"Native" and under "Unit ID for CCB String 2-> select "Channels continue using base Unit ID". You will only see half of it in the visualizer though when set up like this.

Edited by Ron Boyd

If you can use 4 controllers, then you actually have Basic +, not Basic. As you have learned, Basic + can only do 4 unit IDs (1-4), and you need 5.

The upgrade from Basic + to Standard is $30 and can be purchased here:

http://store.lightorama.com/s2soup.html

Depending on what your future plans are, you may want to bite the bullet and go directly to Advanced for $70. Advanced is going to allow you unlimited controllers and adds a bunch of other very handy tools. If you want to add more CCDs in the future, you'll soon need a second network and that is only supported with Advanced, as is native DMX.

The feature comparison chart can be seen here:

http://www.lightorama.com/ShowtimeSoftwareSuite.html

DevMike, The CCP with two strings is one controller correct? If I use the settings that Ron suggested above I will be able to control the CCP strings as one controller which means I would have a total of four. So for this year I would rather not upgrade if I don't have to. It sounds like the limitation is with how the visualizer treats the CCPs but I will be fine controlling the strings with my current Basic + license. If I have something wrong please let me know as I would prefer not to be surprised later :0)

Depending on how you use your CCP/B you may only need to visualize one of the strings.

For me... I'm using the CCP as a tree, and therefore many of the sequences are copy/pasted... so I only visualize 1 of the strings... which makes up 1/2 of the tree. So I get the idea of whats going on.

Basically what I'm going to do is make a seperate sequence and visualize the arches alone (so only need to show 2 controllers) and then I can just copy and paste into the final sequence I will use for the show. It's a little hokie but it will work for this year. I'm thining superstar for next with a standard or advanced S3