Light-O-Rama Forums

Path to sound file

griswald

I hope there is an easy answer to this....

I purchased a sequence but then I try to run it, I get an error that states the path to the .mp3 can not be found. Now I know I can create the path and place the .mp3 in the location the software is expecting to make it work, but I'd like to have my audio files in the directories I created for logical grouping.

Is there a way to point the sequence to a new location, or are you locked in?

Thanks!

In the sequence editor, select Edit -> Media File. Browse for the mp3 file and select it. This will tell the editor where to find the file. When you save the sequence, the path will be saved also.

Make sure, though, that before you try to run a show that you place copies of both the audio files and the sequence files in the default location that you told LOR to use when you installed the software. The sequence editor can be trained where to look for a given media file, but the show player can not - it will look ONLY in the default location.

LOR's default path is (drive)/(your name)/My Documents/LightORama/Sequence for the sequences, and /My Documents//LightORama/Audio for the audio files.. its recommended that you place your purchased, and other sequences and audio files in those folders so you dont run into this very problem.

George, (and others).. There is a way to redirect LOR to search for sequence and audio files using the LORPost.exe utility.. look in /Program Files (x86 if you have it), LightORama, then scroll down in the folder to LORPost.exe, click it. There you can re-direct LOR to use the folders you want for the sequence and audio, wherever you put them.

Edited by TJ Hvasta

I used the LORPost.exe to map everything to a network drive on my server. Works fine. I use a different computer for editing than I do for playing, so this works well for me.