Light-O-Rama Forums

Bulk wire

Richard Esposito

I'm finally ready to buy spt1 1000 foot spools and plug ends. I forgot the name of recommended suppliers I had seen in the past. Any suggestions.

Thanks, Rick

1000bulbs.com cheapest wire I have found.

EDIT: Actually, I found that Lowes was the cheapest, offering 250' black SPT-1 for $35.00 with $5.99 Shipping.

Edited by Arteom

I used awcwire for spt1 but it was 13 cents a foot. I'll look at skycraft as I'm worrying I might need more than the '1000 ft I bought.

Edit, Skycraft isn't showing any '1000 spools at all and their '250 spools are 13 cents a foot

Edited by dgrant

Gents,

I have not had enough interest in SPT-1 to carry it. However, my SPT-2 is only 13 cents a foot.....

Shipping per spool in normally $20-24 depending on how close to Houston you are. We have plenty in stock for a quick delivery (yes we are caught up and I can say things like that now! )

Thanks!

Chris

Not sure where your from but I got my plugs from HD. you have to order them online or have the store order them for you. They come in packs not sure how much i paid when i got mine.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=100652717&storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&MERCH=REC%2d%5f%2dSearchPLPHorizontal1%2d4%2d%5f%2dNA%2d%5f%2d100652717%2d%5f%2dN

(100)- 45.98 makes them (.46 each)

I used awcwire for spt1 but it was 13 cents a foot. I'll look at skycraft as I'm worrying I might need more than the '1000 ft I bought.

Edit, Skycraft isn't showing any '1000 spools at all and their '250 spools are 13 cents a foot

Just checked Skycraft now ,SPT 1 lampcord 11 cents a foot for 1,000 feet. They don't show the spool, go to spt1, put in the amount you want and the price goes down.

Just checked Skycraft now ,SPT 1 lampcord 11 cents a foot for 1,000 feet. They don't show the spool, go to spt1, put in the amount you want and the price goes down.

Cool. I'll look at that right away. Thanks

I have over 3000 feet from skycraft. They have been great to deal with.

In fact, the last time I ordered the guy sent me back an email asking 'hey, will you settle a bet for us? are you using this for a xmas display?' I guess one of the other guys didn't believe what people like us are up to and that we would consume that much wire (and more!)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine from 1000bulbs. The nice thing is that the 250 ft spools are cheaper than the 1000 ft ring and putting 4 of them on a 1/2 inch copper pipe allows to make 4 cables of equal length at the same time. Handling a ring of cable is always a pain since it get's tangled to easy, so I do prefer the spools... Currently 250 ft are at $ 32 if you buy 4+ . They have been below 30 about 2 month ago when I added them to my shopping list...

For SPT 1 plugs: The cheapest I found this season are at noveltylights.com. 50 cents if you buy 150+...

Edited by viennaxmas

Got mine from 1000bulbs. The nice thing is that the 250 ft spools are cheaper than the 1000 ft ring and putting 4 of them on a 1/2 inch copper pipe allows to make 4 cables of equal length at the same time. Handling a ring of cable is always a pain since it get's tangled to easy, so I do prefer the spools... Currently 250 ft are at $ 32 if you buy 4+ . They have been below 30 about 2 month ago when I added them to my shopping list...

For SPT 1 plugs: The cheapest I found this season are at noveltylights.com. 50 cents if you buy 150+...

i don't have the link with me but All things christmas had plugs for .38 cents and menards sells there 250 ft rolls for the same price you 1000bulbs Just a heads up.

• 3 weeks later...

The only difference between SPT1 and SPT2 is the insulation on the wire 2 is rated with a higher UV or sun rating. I like to use SPT 1 it a little cheaper and i don't benefit from the UV rating.

My recollection is there is also an insulation thickness difference between 1 and 2; dont believe 2 necessarily means better uv protection. Highly recommend searching for a related thread with some good insight from devmike. I'm using tapatalk at the moment but will try to remember to post the link when i get home.

I have always used spt2. Just started out that way and would not switch (spt1 plugs don't play well with spt2 wire and vice versa). Whatever you do choose stick with it and don't mix and match (save urself the headaches....from stories I've heard).