Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR trees

jonathan78

Welcome!

I think most people use 12 because that's the way Brian B. first demonstrated the Superstar Editor. If he had used sixteen, that's how many most people would be using today.

I say: Be Bold! Swim out of the mainstream and distance yourself from the unwashed masses! Give people a reason to stop and gawk at your creation instead of passing by saying "Ho hum - nothing to see here... just another 12-CCR tree..."

So why does everyone seem to use 12 CCR's for there trees? I was going to use 8. Any thoughts

Mine is an 8 string tree, so you're not alone. I'm using 4 CC Pixel strings which add up to 8 total strings instead of CCRs, but I think it will still have the "WOW" and "OOH" factor. Just like I was when I first saw Brian's.

12 seems to be a nice number, i toyed with the idea of more strips but when you take the gap at the bottom and the size up the top where the star is then the 12 strip tree works well as it it is not too wide and keeps a decent shape. So Brian got it pretty much right the first time. No harm in any less or more strips, but I found 12 to be a good number.

The 12 strip tree may seem a lot more common this season but for most in their areas it will be a big draw dropper for most visitors that visit regardless of how common it may seem for us in the hobby and thats why i decided to add one this year.

Welcome!

I think most people use 12 because that's the way Brian B. first demonstrated the Superstar Editor. If he had used sixteen, that's how many most people would be using today.

I say: Be Bold! Swim out of the mainstream and distance yourself from the unwashed masses! Give people a reason to stop and gawk at your creation instead of passing by saying "Ho hum - nothing to see here... just another 12-CCR tree..."

Wow you have people in your area that have a 12 CCR tree?

In my city I think there are 3 LOR people.

I say do whatever you want because chances are you are the only music display for miles!

• The topic was locked