Light-O-Rama Forums

does updating my software automatically update my firmware

digitalfreeloaders

When I updated to S3 did it update my firmware, if not how do I tell what version of firmware I have? I have the 1602W CTB16D.V7 controller with the blue board purchased November 2010, we are trying to add rgb floods and want to make sure we are up to date. Thanks

You can check the firmware version of your controller(s) using the Hardware Utility. When you click on the 'refresh' button in the HU it will display the firmware version of each controller connected to that comm port.

Updating the software does place the latest firmware files on your PC, as of the release date of that software package, which may be newer than what is posted on the web site.

But as stated above, you need to use the hardware utility to check the firmware on the boards, and do any updates you decide to do.

• 2 months later...

It has been several years since I've been using my DC-mp3 player and as I was perusing the LOR web site, I see that the firmware listed for the DC-mp3 is now 4.xx whereas my DC-mp3 is 3.0, so firmware updates have been made for the DC-mp3. However, having asked this same question to the LOR Support Help Desk, this is the reply I got: " Firmware update specifics aren't available. A good rule of thumb is if everything is working OK now... then don't worry about upgrading the firmware."

So, I guess I won't fret about this anymore.......

David

Guest wbottomley

It has been several years since I've been using my DC-mp3 player and as I was perusing the LOR web site, I see that the firmware listed for the DC-mp3 is now 4.xx whereas my DC-mp3 is 3.0, so firmware updates have been made for the DC-mp3. However, having asked this same question to the LOR Support Help Desk, this is the reply I got: " Firmware update specifics aren't available. A good rule of thumb is if everything is working OK now... then don't worry about upgrading the firmware."

So, I guess I won't fret about this anymore.......

David

Director card updates were made available a couple years ago. I would update it as their's many things corrected to it.