Light-O-Rama Forums

Color Fade

MikeA

Is using color fade the only way to sequence RGB channels?

Is there a way to turn them on in a specific color like the on off is normally used?

Color Fade is the main way to do it, setting both the start and end colors to be the same.

I use it primarily, but make heavy use of the Recent Tools bar on the left that lets you recall the colors that you have previously used so it operates similar to the on/off buttons. one catch is that if you want to paint a single cell, you have to click/drag over 2 cells, then back over the single cell (hold the mouse button the entire time).

dave

Is using color fade the only way to sequence RGB channels?

Is there a way to turn them on in a specific color like the on off is normally used?

Question 1. the answer is no

Question 2. the answer is yes.

here is how I used the S3 software with CCRs and sequence the RGB the "normal way" I think you are talking about.

In S3 the CCR has 50 channels for 50 RGB lights. each light has 3 sub channels that are all programmable with S3.Red Green Blue. when I first got the CCRs I was sequencing each pixel Color and mixing the colors that way by brightness of each red green and blue channel. this way is very time consuming but it is another way to mix your colors and create different effects in S3 without using the color fade. once I figured out how to use the color fade tool I seldom go back unless I am doing a specific Red Green Blue or solid white colors. hope this answers your quuestion. Good luck.

Do you have the RGB channels expanded to show their individual red, green and blue components.

If not click on the little three color bar icon to the left of the channel buttons to drop them down. then you can sequence each color individually " normally".

• 1 year later...

Related to this RGB channel question - using Color Fade to create the colors works, but is there a way to

1. control the "Brightness" of the RBG color chosen ?

2. Twinkle/Shimmer the color chosen?

The RGB channels are new to my layout this year, but are working ok.  These would be a couple of extra bonus things to be able to do.

The Color Fade tool has a set of options (near its bottom) for whether you want the effect to twinkle, shimmer, or be solid.  You can just pick the color you want (pick it on one side, then use the "Copy" button on the other side), select "Twinkle" (or whatever), and then apply the tool.

I am new to the Color Fade and RGB. I think I have the Color Fade tool figured out for 100% On and Off, but I can't do a fade up and fade down.  Lets say I have chosen Yellow for both sides of the Color Fade and want to start at 0% and go up to 100% just as I can do with a regular light.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks,

Wes

Thanks for the idea.  It hit me about an hour after I posted that color fade yellow to black would do the trick.  Kind of a pain but it works.