Light-O-Rama Forums

Cosmic Color Pixel Tree

BrianBruderer

Brian:

When I import my visual pixel tree into my SuperStar. It is defaulted to 50 pixels. I change it to 25 pixels. Everything seems to be working fine. But when I first started sequencing. I had left it on 50 pixels on the import screen. However, when I imported using 25 pixels the grid has a count od 24 long and 24 down. I assume that is what I need to be using. The sequence seems to work no matter with I used (25 or 50). I have changed and saved all my sequences to use the 25 pixel setting. I hope I'm doing it right.

On the 50 pixel setting, the top half of the  grid is brighter the the bottom half. So I have moved all my morphing to use the top half of the grid. But with using 25 pixel setting, I don't have the bottom light grid showing. But as I said, the sequences seemed to work in either setting.

Am I right to import my visualizations using the 25 pixel setting?

Thanks

I think importing the visualization using the 25 pixel setting will work best in your case. As you say, it will still work with a variety of settings, so the bottom line is to use the one you like best.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a limitation to the number of controllers you use on a single network? In some of the tutorial videos I see people using aux networks etc. I am ramping my show from 6 standard controllers to 12 standard controllers and 12 RGB controllers and want to make sure I am planning properly.

If you are using 115K speed I recommend no more than 6 CCRs on a network. If you use the new 500K speed you could put 24 CCRs per network if you want. But I would recommend sticking with 6 CCRs per network even using the 500K speed. The only cost to adding a network is the cost of the USB485 adapter and the cost of another cat5 cable going from your computer to the controllers. The extra performance is well worth the cost and effort.

As for standard 16 channel controllers. You can put at least 20 of them on one network. So in your case I would recommend putting all your standard controllers on a network. And then using Aux A and Aux B for your CCRs.

Note that if you use the new 500K speed on your CCR controllers, you need to update the firmware on each CCR controller, and if some of your 16 channel controllers are not gen3 you cannot use 500K speed on them. So it is a good idea to have your 16 channel controllers on a different network than the CCR controllers, then you can set the 500K speed on the CCR networks and keep the network for the 16 channel controllers at the speed you are using now.