Light-O-Rama Forums

Cosmic Color Pixel Tree, test 2

BrianBruderer

There is another test/demo sequence on a Cosmic Color Pixel tree. This one is done to the song "Rock Ye Merry Gentlement." I try some different spiral effects and at the end I show 3 ways to do text

• Like 1

Nice Brian... gives me goose bumps. Makes me want to go get a second job so I can afford one this year! But then when would I sequence it???

Thanks for sharing!

D.T.

There are 24 "bundles" (not sure what the correct term is) on the tree. Each bundle is a half string of CCPs. So the tree uses a total of 12 strings. Each controller controls 2 strings, so there are 6 controllers connected to the tree.

The sphere uses an additional 2 strings. So the tree and sphere use a total of 14 strings of CCPs.

Brian, have to say, one of the better sequences I have seen come out so far on the whole "pixel" tree explosion happening. Might just be a future in this light bulb thing ;)

Well, I have 4 songs left to sequence for the year. My Star Ray tree from CCPs, all sequencing is done.

Dad-gummit Brian, Now I have to re-think my CCPs. It's not a problem to change everything around, but I was almost done. Well, now I have to think about it for awhile. I may just wait next year.

Brian, as always, your creativity is amazing. Maybe, just one day, I hope to have that much talent.

Bravo Brian, Bravo :):D

Ron

Beautiful. Well done. I wasn't sure what to do with my CCP's (two strings) but this gives me ideas!

Not sure how the word "bundle" applies to a single string of CCP's. Or am I not understanding?

I'd be interested in a couple of close up pictures as the CCPs seem to all be facing towards the camera. They look perfect instead of some pointing multiple angles towards and away from the viewer.

In another post it looks like you are using tubing used to bundle wires together to put the CCPs in.

So when you are using half a strand the tree shown is only roughly 12' high. Correct?

Yes, the tree is 12 ft high. In the next few days I will do a video that shows close ups of the tubes, lights, and shere.

I purchased 6 CCBs during the sale to set up a tree like this one. I am havering troubles configuring the software to visualize the tree. How did you do it? How did you split the CCBs in the software?

I purchased 6 CCBs during the sale to set up a tree like this one. I am havering troubles configuring the software to visualize the tree. How did you do it? How did you split the CCBs in the software?

I just finished one for 6 CCPs this morning for 2013. I'm already done for 2012, so Mine will be next year.

(Moved to Prop and Fixture attachments here)

All you'll have to do is set up the strings to your networks. Hope this helps.

Ron

Ron, thanks for answering this.

In the next release I will include a visualization file for this tree in the samples directory. Also, in the next release there is a "wrap around" mode that makes it easier to do the spiral effects.

"Wrap around mode" Sweet. I've been playing around with this tree in Superstar and can't seem to figure out the spirals. Just played around a couple of times though. I'll figure it out.

The spirals are difficult to do without "wrap around mode." It should be released in a couple of weeks.

• 4 weeks later...

Brian, very nice! How do you get the spirals to always appear to be falling down around the tree? That is something I see in Nutcracker, but can't figure out how to do it in SuperStar Sequencer (SSS). Is it possible to get a tutorial on how some of the special effects within SSS are accomplished? I haven't seen an 'image' tutorial on Youtube yet...and it would be nice to see how the "fall down" morphing is done. Thx!

The latest S3 versions is 3.7.0. In that version there is a file in the samples directory that shows how the spiral effects are done. Do the following:

Click on the File menu

select Open and navigate to the Samples folde

open Vis_TreeAndHemispheres_Spirals.sup

You will get an error saying it couldn't find TreeAndHemishperes.lee

Click on the File menu

select Import Visualization

navigate to the Samples folder

select TreeAndHemisphes_Spirals.sup

As for tutorials, I have several planned, just having trouble finding time to do them! But I think I can do a few more before the end of the month.

Newbie Question. I don't see the CCB's or CCP's on LOR's site, although I see tons of references to them. Can you point to what you are using?

Thanks!

Don't feel bad, I actually had to send a message to light-o-rama asking where the CCP's are. The thing to realize is that they have menus titled "Controllers", "Software", and "Accessories" and I expected them to be in the "Controllers" menu but they also have a menu titled "On-line store" over on the extreme right. Click on "On-Line Store" and then click on the button that says "Cosmic RGB Devices"